Hello and welcome…I feel these days like I am playing peek-a-boo with my blog readers by rarely posting on blog. Thank you for bearing with me and dropping by comments and compliments from time to time and also for all the lovely messages you drop by, inquiring about me…Blogging is changing and it is changing rapidly…keeping a pace with the changing and ever growing technology is good…but sometimes it is very boring and exhausting.
I am glad to be part of some virtual events, which still pump energy into my draining blog cells. It is that time of the month, where we bunch of Muslim Food Bloggers come together to become part of a theme based Event, Muslim Food Blogger Challenge. The theme for the month is Pomegranates. As we all know Pomegranate is one of the six ‘fruits of paradise’ as mentioned in Holy Quran.
Pomegranates are often referred to as ‘Super Fruits’ as they carry ample nutritional benefits. Pomegranates are often recommended by Nutritionists in the diet to reduce weight and control cholesterol.
As summer is just round the corner, I thought of making this simple, delicious and healthy Pomegranate, Apple & Black Chickpea Sprouts Salad. I have used apple, you can use carrot, beets, cucumber, mango, watermelon etc., depending on availability and season. Now you know what is going to be my summer special salad… 🙂
Check out these interesting recipes with Pomegranates and also scroll down to check what my buddies have in store for you…
Pomegranate, Apple & Black Chickpea Sprouts Salad
- ½ cup Pomegranate arils (seeds)
- 1 Apple, peeled, cored and cubed
- ½ cup Black Chickpea Sprouts
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 tbsp. Yogurt
- 1 tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. Honey
- ½ tbsp. Black Pepper powder
- ½ tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
- Salt, as per taste
- Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, honey, lemon juice, salt and black pepper powder. To this add pomegranate seeds, apple cubes and black chickpea sprout.
- Toss well by adding minced coriander leaves. Serve Immediately.
- Add love to make this Pomegranate, Apple & Black Chickpea Sprouts Salad taste ‘Yummy’.