On 10th of every month we bunch of Muslim Food Bloggers come together to participate in theme based Muslim Food Blogger Challenge (MFBC) event. And theme for this month is ‘Cooking with an Ingredient – Cucumber’. As I kept missing the deadline since few months, I thought I will make it on time this month to be part of MFBC. Allhumdlliah, I am glad that I could do it. This MFBC is brain child of Rafeeda of The Big Sweet Tooth and thank you dear for coming up with easy and fun ideas to keep this event rolling. This post is for you Rafeeda. Scroll down to check what Rafeeda and other Muslim Food Bloggers have come up with this gorgeous green veggie, Cucumber.
Before I begin to tell you about this Cucumber Sesame Salad, let me tell you, I am not a big fan of salads. I do make them once or twice a week, but not daily or I don’t have the habit of munching raw vegetables along with my meals. But when it is only me for lunch, then I do make quick and simple salads. My today’s post is example for one such quick-fix salad. I love juicy cucumbers and I make it a point to make this fresh salad once in a while. Fresh and juicy cucumber, crunchy roasted sesame seeds, spicy red chili flakes with hint of sweetness coming from coconut sugar and tanginess from Caesar dressing….is what makes this salad totally yum, nutritive and filling. I am sure this Zero-Oil Cucumber Sesame Salad is surely going to win your heart. Do try it today…
Cucumber Sesame Salad with Caesar Dressing
- 2 Cucumbers
- 2 tbsp. roasted white Sesame seeds
- ½ tbsp. Coconut sugar, optional
- 1 tbsp. Red chili flakes
- ¼ tbsp. Salt
- 1 tbsp. American Caesar Dressing
- Peel the skin and thinly slice the cucumbers into roundels.
- Place cucumber slices in a serving bowl. Toss by adding salt, coconut sugar and red chili flakes.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds and American Caesar dressing. Serve immediately.
- Add love to make this Cucumber Sesame salad taste ‘Yummy’.
- If you want you can even retain the skin of cucumbers, but I like to relish cucumber without skin, so I peeled it.
- You can use brown sugar instead of coconut sugar.
- Instead of American Caesar dressing, you can use sour cream or mayo or hung yogurt.