It’s my birthday and my blog is turning 10 this week…it’s double the fun and double the celebration….and here I am with these droolicious double chocolate chip muffins to celebrate this double occasion. You know how much I love to try out new recipes in microwave and it’s been really long since I made any…so I thought of trying out these glorious double chocolate chip muffins with whole wheat flour in microwave. These muffins were on my to-do list from a very long time.
I love muffins and so do lil’M. I normally send fresh fruit or fruit juice made muffins, in lil’M’s snack box or sometimes make them fresh minutes before lil’M comes home to serve as afterschool snack.. But today instead of adding fruit juice or milk…I added curd, brown sugar and coconut oil to make these double chocolate chip muffins extra delicious and soft.
I have used big size silicone muffin liners to make these jumbo muffins. I filled the muffin liners to the top, to get these big muffins. You can even use small muffin liners and can fill the muffin liners up to ¾ th of its capacity. You will get more muffins in that case. Always remember, microwave muffins are for immediate consumption. So make it and relish it within 3-4 hours.
Microwave Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 cup Oats powder
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- 2 cups Brown sugar, powdered
- 50 ml. Coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 Egg
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- ½ cup Curd, whisked
- 6 tbsp. Dark Chocolate chips
- Sift flour, oats powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder and powdered brown sugar for 2-3 times.
- Beat egg, vanilla essence, curd and coconut oil. Gently fold in the sifted flour and combine using a fork.
- When the ingredients are nicely combined then gently fold in half of chocolate chips. Divide the batter and pour in muffin liners. Tap gently to spread the batter evenly.
- Place these muffin batter filled liners onto microwave turntable and sprinkle remaining chocolate chips. Microwave these on high for 3 minutes and check with wooden skewer.
- If the wooden skewer comes out clean, then remove these muffins on to a cooling rack and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes before serving. If not then microwave for another 30-60 seconds on high.
- Last but not least add your ‘love’ to make the dish ‘YUMMY’.
Coming to today’s celebrations….I turned a year old today (bad manners to ask girls age…shhh) and my blog just hit a major milestone…by turning 10. First double digits to hit……it’s been a wonderful journey so far. I met many fellow food bloggers, hosted them at home, had the opportunity to meet some of the world famous chefs and food celebrities, got a chance to taste and review new products and menus, been to many renowned restaurants, etc., Hosted and created events on my blog which ran successfully through years. Allhumdulliah started earning big through my blog and social media sites which I never thought of till few years ago and above all made very precious friends for life and loyal fans, visitors and readers who really care when I feel low and disappear from virtual world….Thank you for always being there and for all the love and support you showed in making what ‘Yummy Food’ is today…