Sometimes we get bored with the regular flavors and textures of cake. We want something different for our memorable celebrations. A red velvet cake is a unique dessert idea to enjoy the moments with family and friends. A chocolate cake is the first choice of the chocolate lovers. But a red velvet is another way to enjoy the delicious flavors with a little chocolaty taste. It can be the best gift surprise for the unique cake lovers.
A red velvet cake is the pleasing combination of cocoa and buttermilk with different red colored frosty layers. It could be an ideal dessert for your special occasions. Red velvet is a layered cake and first prepared in the United States. Red velvet cake mostly looks fluffy and moist with the edible sweet red coloring.
Here is a simple recipe to prepare this red velvet cake.
Red Velvet Cake
Preparation time-25 mins | Cook time-30 mins | Total time-55 mins
- 2 cups of white sugar powder
- 3 cups (425g) of regular or refined flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1½ teaspoon of baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 1½ teaspoon of cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1½ tablespoon of distilled white vinegar
- One small cup of vegetable oil
- 2 cups of red food coloring/ beetroot for natural colors
- 1 cup fresh buttercream
- 1½ cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups of whipped cream
Important directions to follow:
- First you should preheat the oven around 200oC and take a medium sized pan.
- Now do non-sticky spray inside the pan.
- Take a glass bowl to mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa, sugar powder and salt. Mix all these dry ingredients carefully.
- Now add eggs, vegetable oil, vanilla extract, white vinegar, buttermilk and edible food coloring. Mix it well and make it smooth for the further use. Take time to mix it properly in the glass bowl.
- Now add the complete mixture in the pan and put it in the preheated oven for baking. After 30 mins of cooking take out the pan and cool the cake on wire rack.
- Take the cake after complete cooling for further frosting.
- For frosting the cake, take another bowl then add buttercream, vanilla extract, sugar and whipped cream.
- Mix it well till it becomes smooth for frosting.
- Now apply this smooth mixture on cooled cake.
- After frosting the cake, you can spread the edible sweet red colored powder on the top of the cake. It give a entire red texture to this red velvet cake.
Now the cake is ready to serve for your special occasion like father’s day. You can surprise your dad with this specialized father’s day cake on this special day. He can enjoy the best moments of the day with this delicious red velvet cake at home.