There was tremendous response for my Barynard Millet Onion Uttapam, which I posted few days back. As I have mentioned in that post that I picked up Barynard and Kodo Millets from an organic store near my house and I also said I tried few recipes using them. Today’s recipe Kodo Millet Curd Rice is one among them.
Curd rice plays a quintessential part in South Indian Meal. As we south Indians love our rice very much, it makes entry in every meal from breakfast to dinner. Even most of our savoury snacks made of rice flour. To cut down these carbs, I thought of including millets in my everyday diet. Millets not only add flavour but also nutrition to our everyday meal. These are gluten free, have low glycine index and rich with antioxidants.
There are many easy ways in which we can include these millets in our everyday diet. My today’s recipe Kodo Millet Curd Rice is one such example of easy to make recipe. It takes little time to get acquire with the preparation and taste. But once you get hold of it, cooking millets is super easy.
Making this kodo millet curd rice taste spicy and yummy…we have got Ruchi Magic Pickles. I have never tasted Carrot and Beetroot in pickle form till now. For we Andhraites, pickles mostly mean raw mango, gooseberry, red chili and gongura. But this spicy carrot chilli pickle and Spicy Beetroot pickles are nicely spiced and perfectly complement everyday South Indian meal.
Kodo Millet Curd Rice
- ½ cup Kodo Millet, cooked and cooled
- 2 tbsp. brown Rice, optional cooked and cooled
- ½ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Curd, beaten
- 1 Green chili, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp. chopped Ginger
- ½ tbsp. Cumin/Jeera
- 2 tbsp. grated Carrot
- 5 Curry leaves, roughly torn
- 2 tbsp. Pomegranate seeds
- Salt, as per taste
- 1 tbsp. Oil
- In a bowl mash cooked and cooled kodo millet along with brown rice. Mix in curd, milk and salt.
- For tempering, heat oil and add cumin seeds, torn curry leaves, chopped green chilies and chopped ginger. Fry till curry leaves start to change color.
- Pour this tempering over curd and milk mixed kodo millet mixture. Combine well by adding grated carrot and pomegranate seeds. Check for salt.
- For best taste serve this kodo millet curd rice with Ruchi magic spicy carrot chilli pickle.
- Add love to make this curd rice taste ‘Yummy’.