Now a days creativity with photography is not just limited to nature or something synonymous. Food photography has occupied a special place as passion and also as profession. Food photography is definitely one of those genres where less is more. This has become an interest for many. Be it posting on social media or to create photo album online for any official purpose like restaurants or anything related to that, this genre is now definitely a big show stealer.
Some of the finest tips –
- Choose the freshest ingredients – If the skin looks wrinkled, scarred or damaged, take it out and get a new one or just get the right angle in such a way so as not to show the bad side. This is a very general tip for food photography.
- Pay attention to the lighting – This can be taken as one of the most effective food photography tips to keep in mind. It will also allow any steam to show up in the image. Whatever is the item or ingredient you are capturing, the light needs to be on the right angle. Pay attention to that.
- Keep it simple – Simplicity gives the best sophisticated image. This is applicable for food photography as well. As far as food photography techniques are concerned, if the food after cooking looks unattractive or don’t look appealing, only show a portion of it.
- Simple props including raw ingredients are preferable – This is indeed a very professional tip. Even if it is all about Indian food photography, try to utilize this point. Use very simple props along with raw ingredients. Simple plates, cutlery, etc. and raw ingredients make great props. Give more priority to non – patterned plates and bowls so the food stands out even better.
- Show the cooking version – Capturing the cooking posture makes the food look more realistic. If you are keen to use online photo album maker, try this point majorly because the album would look very gorgeous and aesthetic. Showing it while cooking is sometimes better than showing the finished product. This is a very vital point in food photography.
- Vary your camera angle – Try to adjust your camera angles in different ways to give a very different essence to it. Get creative and try to show it in a different way than most people would see it. This is a major point followed in professional food photography.
- Check the background – When you are shooting from the front of the food, try to keep a great foreground and background to play with. Surround your main dish with ingredients and props that relate to the food. Food photography ideas include all these little points that turn out to be major ones.
Food photography is definitely one of the most challenging genres of photography out there. Like painting, this also has certain rules and aestheticism to be followed. Here also you start with a blank canvas and build upon. With different procedures, you finally construct the photo until you reach the perfect balance of reality and art. Professional food photography mandates the non – usage of the in-built flash on the camera or any lights overhead or even lamps for that matter. You will never need a really premium camera for taking the best food photographs. You can do equally well even if you use a very simple point and shoot camera. It is all about how you decorate the food item or ingredient; how you place the camera angle and definitely the light condition you are capturing the food in. You can create photo album buy online with all these captures.
The capture process remains absolutely the same be it for food photographs required by any cook book for your own tried and tested recipes or even for books to be published by leading concerns.