Oh ho ho…it is time for Muslim Food Blogger Challenge #8 where the theme is HONEY. Honey is one much loved, fresh and pure ingredient available in the world. Being a child I always use to drizzle honey on my chapatti or toast…roll and relish it…sometimes in breakfast or sometimes as snack. I don’t know when and how I lost that eating habit…but I still love honey and do add it to my tea or granola bowl. Our today’s recipe is one such recipe where I have added honey to give that sweet taste…without adding extra calories. This Mango Honey Iced Tea is one of my favorite and I can sip this on anytime of the day.
Being in Chennai, where the moment the rain stops, the humid climate takes a toll. A simple, refreshing, fruity and chilled recipe like Mango Honey Iced Tea is always welcoming. My morning cuppa of tea should be hot and kadak and the rest of the day If I feel like having tea…I prefer to sip on iced teas. But after coming to Chennai, I started making different variations of tea just to beat the heat. I love to experiment with black and green tea leafs/powder. If hot tea cup soothes your mind…a chilled beverage like iced tea will calms your senses.
Before the mangoes bid adieu, I thought of making this fruity iced tea. If you follow my insta stories then you know, how I gulped a chilled glass of this Mango Honey Iced Tea to quench my thirst after a photo yoga section. Hehehe….The pomegranate seeds give distinctive look to the drink and uplift the taste of it. Do try it today…..
Mango Honey Iced Tea
- 1 ripe Mangoes/2 cups Mango Juice
- 2 Black tea bags
- 5 cups of Water
- 8-10 Ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- fresh Mint leaves, garnish
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh Pomegranate seeds
- Peel and cube the mango pieces. Blend until smooth by adding little water and set aside.
- In a kettle or vessel use to make tea, bring water to boil and drop in tea bags. Turn off the flame and leave it to steep for 5-7 minutes by covering with a lid.
- Remove tea bags and let it cool for 15-20 minutes. Now stir in mango juice and honey. Refrigerate for at least 60 minutes.
- Add ice cubes to the serving glasses and pour in the above made tea. Garnish with fresh mint springs and pomegranate seeds. Serve chilled.
Add love to make this mango honey iced tea ‘Yummy’.
Don’t forget to check out more interesting and yummy recipes made with honey and love by my fellow blogger buddies by clicking on the links below….Happy week to all of you…Stay happy and drink lots of iced tea…. 🙂