Cutlets are much adored snack in my house. As I mentioned earlier, anything which can be made ahead and can be served during iftar time is a bliss. These cutlets made by Nusrath of The Food Factory fall under that category and these can be made ahead and shallow fried or deep fried or air fried just at the iftar time. Despite being on blog break, Nusrath sent in these delicious cutlets when she came to know that this will be the final year of the Joy From Fasting To Feasting. Thank you Nusrath for being part of this event and sending in these mouth watering Mixed Vegetable Cutlets. Do stop by Nusrath’s blog for more droolsome recipes.
Assalamu alaikum to the lovely readers of yummy food .This is my third year as a guest at Lubna’s Ramadan event .Alhamdulillah it is always a pleasure to share the space with some elite bloggers of the community. Thank you Lubna for having me this year too. Ramadan is the month of tranquillity, prayers. As much as we love Ramadan for the religious tranquility the kids love it for the iftar spread and eagerly wait for the dawn prayers to gorge on some yummy stuff. This year Ramadan has been blessed in summer where in the schools will be running until before Eid.
With school going kids you always have to plan so that there is no extra effort for lunch box. With the temperature as high as 49 c (trust me we survived in last week of may) you just don’t feel like standing in the kitchen for long hours. Alhamdulillah we are in the last Ashra of Ramadan (last ten days)and by this time our pallets go bland and crave for something spicy and yummy. Indulgence can be healthy too …right? I always make sure to avoid unhealthy fried food for iftar and make it as delicious and healthy as possible. For this season of joy from fasting to feasting I have with me mixed vegetable cutlets with all the goodness of vegetables.
Just feel free to use any vegetables of your choice. Make sure you don’t overcook the vegetables to become soggy .It turns out to be a night mare dealing with soggy vegetables to hold their shape. You can pan fry or air fry them. I always make some extra cutlets so that the left overs can be packed for lunch box. Serve these with tamarind chutney and green chutney for a finger licking experience.
Mixed Vegetable Cutlets
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups Potato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Green peas
- 1/2 cup Carrots
- 1/2 cup Broccoli
- 1/2 cup Cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon Chilly powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Mango powder/amchur
- Salt to taste
- Oil to pan fry
- 2 table spoon -all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- Bread crumbs
- Chop all the vegetables and steam until done.
- If using a pressure cooker cook the vegetables for 2 whistles on high.
- You can just add the vegetables to a pot of water and boil until done.
- Cool the vegetables to room temperature and mash with a masher until well mixed up.
- Add all the spices and mix well, now it should resemble dough.
- Make small roundels of desired size and gently press between the palms to flatten it.
- Make thick slurry of flour, salt and water.
- Gently dip the cutlets in the slurry and drop in the plate of bread crumbs to coat evenly.
- Continue the same way for all the cutlets.
- To a pan add some oil and shallow fry it until golden brown on both sides.
- Remove it on a tissue paper to drain excess oil.
- Serve it hot with tamarind chutney and green chutney.
Hope you all like the recipe and include me in your dua .May Allah grant us the best of both worlds-Ameen.
Thank you once again Lubna for having me here.
Find more Ramadan Special recipes of this year @ Joy From Fasting To Feasting – X.