Allhumdulliah we are entered the second stage (Ashara) of ‘Ramadan Fasting’. First ten days are days of Mercy, which seek from Allah SWT. In second stage we pray for forgiveness. These 10 days we pray for forgiveness from Almighty Allah and repent for all his sins. This second or middle Ashara is also called as Maghfirath. Always ask for forgiveness from Almighty Allah in all these days. Do make sure to not repeat the sins after you have done Tauba. Forgive all your beloved in these days as Allah Almighty loves Maghfirah.
Now moving to today’s guest post, we have Habeeba Shaikh (Nisa) of Flavour Diary with us today, who is sharing her wonderful Hyderabadi Chicken 65. When you are talking about starters, Hyderabadi Chicken 65 tops the chart. This spicy and succulent chicken recipe is mostly made and served in many Hyderabad weddings, functions, iftar parties, potlucks…etc…Nisa has come up with an yum recipe of Hyderabadi Chicken 65 for our iftar today. For more such recipe do visit Flavour Diary today. Thank you Nisa for gracing this event with your yum recipe. Over to Nisa…
Assalaamualeykum wa Rahamatullahi wa barakatuhu (peace be up on you) to all the viewers of this page.
Sometimes your hidden desires comes true, just like mine and this happened when Lubna mailed me regarding Guest Post for her Fasting to Feast Event in her blog which she was doing from last 9 years. I was on top of the world and immediately said yes. I am following her from 3 years when I started my blog. Ooo by the way I am Habeeba Shaikh (Nisa) blogger at Flavour Diary, a place where i try to present my lazy cooking and trying to do some regular posts.
As I am guest posting for Ramadan here are few things to share about the most auspicious month in Islamic Calendar. In this month its been said that gates of Heaven are opened up and gates of hell are closed and Shaitan is chained up. Whoever does something good in this month ,Allah multiplies it by 70.” AL- Trimidhi Ramadan Fasting starts after sighting new moon and goes on for 29 or 30 days based on sighting of new moon again. Quran was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad s.a.w on Lailat ul Qadr , a night is said to be better than a 1000 months of worship.
No one knows on which particular night the Quran revealed but its expected to be in last 10 days of the month.Some people live in the mosque during last 10 days in order to seek Lailat ul Qadr by praying and reading the Qur’an.
and is referred as I’tikaf. In Ramadan special prayers “Taraweeh” are practiced which last for 1 or 2 hours daily through out the month.zakat is a religious obligation for all Muslims who meet the necessary criteria of wealth.It is customarily 2.5% (or 1/40th) of a Muslim’s total savings and wealth above a minimum amount known as nisab. And Last is EidUlFitr which marks the end of Ramadan and we celebrate it by making a special prayer on this day and then we greet our friends and family and share gifts.
“Fasting is not about Losing Weight,It’s about losing sins”.
Today’s recipe is from Hyderabad, India a place where i stayed for most of my life its “Chicken 65” hyderabadi ishtyle … its simple to make and uses quite common ingredients from pantry and good thing about this is you can freeze the leftover (before tadka/tempering) and use it again.
Hyderabadi Chicken 65
- 400 gm. Boneless Chicken
- 1 Egg
- t tbsp. Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Green Chilli Paste
- 1 tbsp. Corn Flour
- 2 tbsp. All purpose Flour/maida
- 1/2 tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Cumin Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying
- 3 tbsp.Oil
- 1 tsp. Ginger finely chopped
- 2 big Garlic
- 5 Green Chilies, cut in half
- 1 spring Curry leaves, i used dry leaves
- 1/2 cup Yogurt/Curd
- 1/4 tsp. Chicken Masala/Tandoori Masala powder
- 1/4 tsp. Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Red Food Colour (optional)
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- Half lemon juice for sprinkling
- In a bowl add all the ingredients under “Marination” except Oil and keep aside for minimum of 20mins.
- Heat oil in kadai for deep frying the marinated chicken. Once oil is hot deep fry the chicken pieces on medium heat until chicken pieces turn golden brown and crispy.Keep aside on kitchen towel.
- Once chicken is fried. Take another pan and add 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Once oil is hot add chopped garlic,chopped ginger, cut green chillies, curry leaves.Fry until ginger and garlic is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and add whisked yogurt/curd and mix well.
- Now add Chicken Masala powder/Tandoori Masala powder, Red Chilli powder, Red Food Colour and salt to taste. Mix well.
- Turn the heat on and add the fried chicken and cook until the mixture dries up and chicken is coated with masala.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and squeeze lemon juice before serving.
Find more Ramadan Special recipes of this year @ Joy From Fasting To Feasting – X.