Welcoming the change in weather, today we have Razina of ‘The Foodie Delight‘ bringing in hot and crisp Fish Shami Kababs. Kababs are yet another most loved iftar appetizers. You can make the patties ahead and shallow fry just before the iftar time. Razina’s blog is loaded with delicious day to day recipes, do stop by her blog today. Thank you Razina for being part of this event by sharing with us this wonderful recipe.
Ramadan Greetings to all the readers of Yummy Food! Hope you have a blessed Ramadan this year and many more years to come…
Thanks Lubna for inviting me and let me introduce myself first. I’m Razina and I blog at The Foodie Delight where I share my everyday meal mostly North Indian, which is our traditional food. Since I’ve been put up in Bangalore for over 9 years now, we have also started relishing South Indian cuisines, as I believe in the mantra go local and eat healthy. Hence, you will find lots of recipes from this region on my blog as well like filter kaapi recipe, softest idlis, tomato rice, bisi bele bath and many more.
Today, I’m sharing the recipe of Fish Shami Kababs which is a very good and healthier alternative to the mutton shami kababs and is prepared pretty the same way, just replacing the mutton with fish. This is also a make ahead dish as you can make these kababs in advance and freeze it. So, let’s get on to the recipe on how to make these yummy Fish Shami Kababs.
Fish Shami Kababs
- 500 grams boneless Fish
- 1 Onion, finely chopped and fried till transparent
- 1 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 – 3 tablespoons Gram flour
- 2 – 3 Green chilies, chopped
- a bunch of Coriander leaves chopped
- Salt as required
- 1/2 cup Oil for frying
- First wash the fish well by applying lemon and salt.
- Take a large pot, add water and 1 teaspoon salt and bring to boil. Add the fish pieces in the boiling water and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove the fish pieces and bring it to room temperature. Then grind it using a mixer or mash it with your hands.
- Now place the grounded fish in a mixing bowl and add ginger garlic paste, onion, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala powder, gram flour, coriander leaves and salt. Mix everything well.
- Make equal sized patties out of the fish mince mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the kababs till golden brown. Flip and fry the other side as well.
- Yummy fish shami kabab is ready to be served, enjoy hot!!!
Find more Ramadan Special recipes of this year @ Joy From Fasting To Feasting – X.