I mostly prefer to have hot breakfasts like idli, dosa, upma, Pongal, etc., But when the temperatures are soaring high and when my kitchen turns into a sauna room making me melt…I prefer simple and easy recipes to spend minimal time in my kitchen. As a cup of hot tea soothes your senses on a winter morning…a cold glass of smoothie or shake gives you peace on a hot summer morning…..Though I make smoothies and shakes as a afterschool treat for my lil’M in the evenings…these days I am making these in the morning to avoid standing long in my kitchen.
Talking about smoothies, I do love these easy yet filling breakfast idea. You get to relish the goodness of fruit along with keeping you refreshing and light. As mangoes are in season, I am frequently making this mango yogurt smoothie. Simple ingredients, rich smoothie…..Go and make a glass for you now….Keep chilling…
Mango Yogurt Smoothie
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp. Quaker Oats
- 1 cup low-fat Yogurt
- Pinch Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. Honey, optional
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth and frothy.
- Pour into serving glasses by adding ice cubes.
- If using garnish with coloured sprinkles or fresh mint and serve chilled.
- Add love to make this mango yogurt smoothie taste ‘Yummy’.