Few months back when I went to my aunt’s house…she made this ‘Kachalu Chaat’. I instantly love it….as it was not only yum but also very easy to make. Peel, Cut, Sprinkle and Toss…that’s it…Isn’t it super easy to make?
Guava is one of my favorite fruit and this season it is raining guava here. So, I picked up a cart when I last visited organic fruit shop. Seeing these juicy guva’s I could not stop myself making this kachalu chaat.
This small wooden board is the end result painted by lil’M (of which I posted picture on Instagram, few days back)…this is her first summer project….Now we two are looking forward to paint some more boards….hooray….#summerfunbegins
Generally Kachalu Chaat is made by using ripe gvava’s. But here I rarely find ripe ones. So, I used fresh and organic guva’s to make this chaat. This chaat is freshly made during Ramadan at Iftaar time in Hyderabad.
- 3-4 medium sized fresh/ripe Guavas
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Pepper powder
- ¼ tbsp. Salt
- Wash and peel guavas. Scoop out the seeds.
- Cut into small pieces. Add this to a bowl. Sprinkle sugar, pepper powder and salt.
- Toss and serve immediately.
- Add love to make this kachaly chaat taste ‘Yummy’.