I am always fascinated by the green vegetables…They are not only loaded with essential nutrients but also give droolsome look to your food plate. Today’s recipe Gavar ki Phalli-Methi ki Bhaji ki Sabzi is simple and yum side dish to go with dal-chawal or roti. These days my cooking is been minimal….blame it on weather or lil’M being at home…I am finishing off my meal with just dal, chawal and sabzi. During this course, I have been trying lot of easy to make recipes and today’s recipe is one of it. Slightly bitter tasting methi ki bhaji (Fenugreek Leaves) lifts the taste of regular stir fry of long and slender green coloured gavar ki phalli (cluster beans/gawar ki phalli) when added.
Gavar ki Phalli-Methi ki Bhaji ki Sabzi
- 250 gms. Gavar ki Phalli, trim the sides and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 Onion, finely sliced
- 1 Green chili, cut into half
- 3/4 tbsp. Red chili powder
- 1/2 tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup Methi leaves, loosely packed
- 1/4 tbsp. roasted Cumin powder
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- Salt as per taste
- In a skillet, add sliced onions and fry till translucent. Now add cut gavar ki phalli along with green chili, turmeric powder, salt. Stir and cook covered until done. Stir in between.
- Now add methi leaves. Combine well and check for salt. Cook for another 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile crush garlic by adding red chili powder and cumin powder. Add this to above gavar ki phalli-methi ki bhaji and stir on high flame for 1 minute.
- Turn off the flame, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Serve with roti or rice.
- I served this Gavar ki Phalli-Methi ki Bhaji ki Sabzi with khatti dal and rice.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
If you like gavar ki phalli, then do try this Gavar ki Phalli aur Gosht ka Salan, a delectable combo of meat and cluster beans.