As summer is nearing and here in Hyderabad the temperature outside is increasing drastically day by day. And after spending five long days working hard in the office, it becomes very hectic to step out in the weekend. And many of us love staying back at home and just relax on both Saturdays and Sundays. But then it can be boring at times to stay back at home. So how to kill the boredom? The best way to relax and spend quality time at home is either to do some e-window shopping or whatever you love to do. There are lots of amazing online shopping portals like Amazon, Flipkart, Myntra, Jabong and so on, where you can find really good stuff to buy.
If you love food you can order it from various food delivery sites and mobile apps that deliver the best of every cuisine. But for me I love experimenting with cooking. So, I can easily take care of my idle time on cooking a sumptuous meal. I love to explore various cuisines from around the world like American, Caribbean, Chinese, French, Indian, Italian and lot more. I can order all the ingredients which are used in these cuisines from online stores, such as Grofers and BigBasket. These are one-stop solutions for all your grocery needs. It brings real time grocery shopping experience for their customers. With the whole range of fruits, vegetables, staples, snacks, beverages and so on, you need not rush to any local stores. There are lots of Grofers coupons available on other sites that save some money.
As all the ingredients for the dish that I was planning to prepare was already there, I decided to go forth with it. I planned on preparing one of the yummiest Indian dishes kadahi paneer with a twist. And I named it “Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille”. It doesn’t require too many ingredients but while starting to prepare I found one item was missing, zucchini. As I wanted to experiment the dish on that particular day, I have decided to order online on as BigBasket has an amazing express delivery option which delivers in 90 min. As all my ingredients are ready with me I didn’t delay anymore and started cooking. So, I would like to share the recipe with you… 🙂
Paneer Lasagna With Kadahi Sabzi Ratatouille
- Cottage cheese/ Paneer- 500 gms
- One large potato (boiled, peeled and crushed)
- Medium green capsicum (diced)- 1 cup
- Medium red capsicum (diced)- 1 cup
- Medium yellow capsicum (diced)- 1 cup
- Yellow zucchini (diced)- ½ cup
- Green zucchini (diced)- ½ cup
- Carrot (boiled and diced)- ½ cup
- Kadahi masala -1 ½ tbsp
- Finely chopped garlic- 4 to 5 cloves
- Onion and tomato masala- ¾ cup
- Coriander powder- 1 tsp
- Red chili powder- 1 tsp
- Finely chopped ginger- ½ tbsp
- Oil- 2 ½ tbsp
- Dry fruits (Raisins, cashew nuts, and pistachios)
- Salt to taste
- For the vegetable mixture:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and roast all the dry fruits till they turn brown.
- Now in another pan heat oil and saute ginger and green chilies for a minute.
- To this add potato and finely chopped roasted dry fruits and saute well.
- Add some salt, coriander and red chili powder to the potato mixture. mix well and cook it for a couple of minutes.
- Transfer this mixture to a bowl and let it cool.
For the Ratatouille:
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
- Add kadahi masala and garlic to the pan and saute it.
- Add onion and tomato masala to the pan and mix well.
- .Add capsicum, zucchini, and carrots to the above mixture and cook it for some time.
- Add some water, stir well and cook some more.
- Add salt, coriander powder, and red chili powder and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Now, take a glass baking dish and spread a layer of cooked vegetable mixture.
- Spread a layer of cheese/grated paneer evenly.
- Spread a layer of ratatouille mixture and top it up with cheese/grated paneer.
- Repeat the layering process and finally sprinkle kadahi masala.
- Place the baking tray in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot!
I had prepared yummilicious Paneer Lasagna. It just tasted out of the world. Though it is vegetarian dish it tasted super good and the best part about it was it is healthy too. Give it a try.
Swathi is a content writer passionate about food, fashion and music. She loves sharing her knowledge through blogging and yes she loves dancing too.