Continuing our series of ‘Christmas Bakes’ today we have Deepasri (fondly called Deeps by friends) of Hamaree Rasoi. She is sharing a tasteful recipe of ‘Oreo Brownies’, which she made to celebrate her son’s win at school in Hindi competition. Oreo is new found love in my family since lil’M likes these a lot. Oreo Brownies will be a perfect after school treat for hungry sweet little ones and to the ones who love to nibble something sweet at any time of the day or sometimes at night…wink…wink…Thank you Deeps for being part of this ‘Christmas and New Year Bakes’ event and sharing this wonderful recipe with us all.
It’s that time of the year when there is a cool nip in the air. Going outdoors seem to be more enjoyable and long walks to makes you feel refreshed. Also during the winter season I could innovate with different types of cakes and brownies. The recipe I wish to post today is a form of celebration about my 9 year old son winning 1st prize in his school’s literary competition three years in a row. Since his early years he was fond of chocolate in general and brownies in particular. The addition of Oreo’s makes it more attractive to children. Hope you like the look of it. Try it this Christmas and enjoy compliments being showered at you.
- 1 cup plain Flour plus extra for dusting
- 140 gms. Caster Sugar
- 3 tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 cup melted Butter (unsalted)
- 100 gms. Dark Chocolate, grated or finally chopped
- 2 Eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 150 pack of Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- Marshmallows (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160 Degree Celsius, grease a 9 inch square baking tin and line with baking paper with extra hanging over the sides.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder and make a well in the center.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. When the butter has melted, remove from heat and add grated chocolate. Leave to stand for few a minutes or until the chocolate melts and then stir together.
- Whisk the eggs one at a time and pour it in the well of dry ingredients. Combine well and then add broken Oreo cookies again stir until fully combined.
- Evenly spread batter in the pan and bake for 40 minutes. Just before 5 minutes of finishing time I did add some marshmallows but you can totally omit this step.
- Let the brownies cool in the pan for an hour or two. Pull the brownies out with the extended baking paper, cut them into squares and serve.
Till now in the series of ‘Christmas Bakes’