Let me start by saying I too miss those fun filled days spent with you dear Valarmathi (Valar, that’s how we friends call her) of Simple and Yummy Recipes. I always say this to people who ask me what you earned from blogging??? I earned true friends….some are virtual and some I have met in real…Valar is one such friend…We had gala time cooking, shopping, reviewing, etc., when I was staying in Bangalore. Despite of being busy with her home baking and ill health Valar sent this scrumptious butterscotch blondies with pecan nuts recipe. I am so glad to have you as a part of this ‘Christmas and New Year Bakes’ series…Thank you so much for being my guest Valar…
It’s been long since I updated my blog. I haven’t posted anything in the blog for a while. When Lubna of ” Yummy Food ” asked me to do a guest post for her Christmas baking series I immediately told yes. Thank you Lubna for giving me this wonderful opportunity to do a guest post. She has a wonderful blog and I always admire her passion towards blogging. She is very good friend of mine and we became friends through blogging. When we were staying in the same apartment in Bangalore, we used to go out together, have lunch together and also we used to go out for reviews along with my other blogger friends Satrupa Dash and Deepasri Deb. We four often have potluck together. I remember how fun filled those days where. I miss you all guys.
Ok now coming to today’s post, i m going to share a simple baking recipe of Butterscotch Blondies with Pecan nuts. Blondies are like brownies without cocoa and contains brown sugar but substitutes vanilla for cocoa. Like brownies, blondies also have other flavourful additions like nuts, desiccated coconut, chocolate chips etc.
These bars can be whipped up in minutes. Quick, easy and irresistible. It just take less than 10 mins to whip up and 30-35 mins to bake. One thing that is great about this recipe is that you don’t need lot of ingredients or a lot of time to prepare. Hope you enjoy reading this post. Now coming over to the recipe.
Butterscotch Blondies with Pecan Nuts
Preparation Time : 10 Minutes
Baking Time : 30 to 35 Minutes
- 115 gms of Butter
- 180 gms of Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 large Eggs, lightlt beaten
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 185 gms Plain Flour/Maida
- 30 gms Butterscotch Chips
- 40 gms Pecan nuts
- 23cm square tin, greased and base lined with butter paper.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Place the butter in a saucepan and melt gently over low heat. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar with a wooden spoon.
- Gradually stir in eggs and then the vanilla extract and beat for one minute.
- Sift the flour and baking powder directly to the mixture and stir in. Add the butterscotch chips and pecan nuts and stir until thoroughly combined Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 3- to 35 min’s until golden brown on top and skewer inserted comes out with moist crumbs. Remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin before removing and cut into pieces and serve with whipped cream, if liked. Store it in air tight container.