- A ply wood board
- Acrylic Colours – Any colour of your choice. But today i am using Cream and Lime Green
- Some old newspaper
- Hand Gloves
- To begin clean the ply wood board with a dry cloth.
- Spread the newspaper on the floor and place the plywood on the paper.
- Squeeze the paint on the plywood according to your liking. I have used more of cream as i want the background more cream than green. Hence i have squeezed more of cream compared to the green.
Now wear the gloves and using the sponge start dabbing as well as mixing the paint.
Dabbing using sponge not only makes the merging of colours easy and smooth but also gives a good texture.
Do this all over the board.
Add more paint wherever required.
Let it dry completely.
If you feel like adding an other colour or another layer you can do it at this stage.
Let it air dry completely before stacking it with others or using it.
- As we have used acrylic colour, it can be be stored and reused.
- Or paint over it again with another colour.
- Make sure to dry the boards completely before stacking them up.
- Store them in dry place away from moisture. Stack them like books and not one on top of the other.
- Place small wooden blocks between each boards so they don’t press against each other and stick to each other.
Thank you Madhuri for coming up with this wonderful guest post. Want to learn more from Madhuri then do drop by at her workshop at Bangalore.