I am touching the laptop keypad after nearly a week I think and I can feel the mere tingle in my fingers when I start to type this post today. It’s not that I am lazy or busy with something…I got kindle unlimited subscription as a birthday gift and I am hooked to reading nonstop. I can read for hours without even bothering of eating and drinking. I can even skip my sleep to read if I am interested in a book. My love for books is huge and I am now slowly getting adapted to the new reading device.
Though I prefer reading simple short stories most of the times…yet times I even dig into read fiction, biographies and history. I just started reading Indian authors and I am totally impressed by their work. I just finished reading ‘Love After Marriage’ and started reading ‘The Madras Affair’. Are you a book junkie?? Do you read Indian authors?? How often do you read?? Do answer leave the answers in the comment line…
Now coming to today’s post…you can get it from the name…Mango Masala Soda…a sweet, spicy, tangy and yummy combination of flavours. Before the mangoes bid adieu to the season, make this delectable drink. Though you can make it with frozen mango pulp or readymade mango juices which are easily available in the market….why not try it with fresh mangoes when they are still available in the market??
Mango Masala Soda
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled and cubed
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Cumin seeds
- ¼ tbsp. Black salt
- ¼ tbsp. Chat Masala
- ¼ tbsp. Black pepper powder
- 150 ml Club Soda/Plain Soda, chilled
- 6-8 Ice cubes
- 2 tbsp. minced Coriander leaves
TO COAT THE RIM:
- 1 tbsp. roasted Cumin powder
- Pinch of Salt
- ¼ tbsp. Black Pepper powder
- Puree the mango pieces and add water to get thin juice. Strain and leave it to chill
- Muddle coriander leaves, black pepper powder, cumin powder, black salt, chat masala and sugar using a muddler. Add above made mango juice. Strain and set aside.
- Mix the ingredients listed under ‘to coat the rim’ and spread on a wide plate.
- Take serving glasses and wet the outside rim with mango juice and dab it to coat in the above ingredients.
- Pour in the spiced mango juice and club soda in equal parts and serve immediately by adding ice cubes.
- Add love to make this mango masala soda taste ‘Yummy’.