Silently in the midst of Ramadan, my loving blog ‘Yummy Food’ turned ‘8’. Eight years of blogging….was nevr an easy ride. I always played by only one simple rule…Blog to use free time, but never to live without free time. There were the days when I did not touch my camera for weeks and when I struggled hard to start a post. Allhumdulliah….no compliments…no regrets….the journey so far has been very wonderful….I made friends, learnt new recipes, won many accolades and above all never thought I would be holding camera and clicking food…Thanks to you all lovely people for constantly supporting and encouraging me…..
Can a celebration be left without a dessert…Nah! Today I am going to share with you an easy to whip up dessert ‘Mango Fool’. Mango Fool was there on my Iftar table this Ramadan most of the time. Mango Fool is not only easy to make, but also tastes divine. Fool is a name given to a recipe which is mostly made by combining berries and heavy cream. But as the season’s yummy fruit is still available in the market, I thought using it. Mango Fool is a creamy, light and yummy dessert which uses minimal ingredients, few minutes and easy steps to make.
- 2 ripe Mangoes
- 1½ cups Whipping cream
- 2 tbsp. Condensed milk
- few Saffron strands
- 1-2 tbsp. chopped Pistachio
- Gently peel and cut the mango into small cube size pieces. Reserve 4-5 tbsp. of mango pieces and make a puree of remaining pieces by adding condensed milk.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks. Gently fold in the above made mango puree by adding saffron strands until well combined.
- Leave it to chill for 2-3 hours. Pipe or scoop into the desired serving bowls by garnishing with chopped pistachio and saffron strands.
- Add love to make this mango fool taste even more ‘Yummy’.
Taste the mango after pureeing. If it is sweet, then skip condensed milk. You can even use sugar instead of condensed milk.
You can find more mangolicious recipes by clicking on the link Mango Flavours.