Today’s recipe Gavar ki Phalli aur Gosht ka Salan is my all-time favorite curry. When the vegetables are cooked in combo with meat, they absorb the juices of the meat and tastes very yum. My mom always adds vegetables to meat recipes and we love relishing the combo.
Mom trims the full sides of the gavar ki phalli before cutting them into pieces. I have posted the video on Instagram and you can check it here…As the sides turn bit hard upon cooking, trimming them will give soft cluster bean upon cooking. Try this version and you gonna love it….
Gavar ki Phalli aur Gosht ka Salan
- ½ kg Gavar ki Phalli/Cluster Beans, trim the sides and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 300 gms. Lamb meat on bone, cleaned and washed
- 1 big Onion, sliced
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ½ tbsp. Coriander powder
- ½ tbsp. Dry coconut powder
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ½ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. chopped Coriander leaves
- Marinate lamb meat on bone with ginger-garlic paste, red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt. Set this aside for ½ hour.
- Add oil to a pressure cooker and when it heats up add sliced onion and fry until translucent. Now add above marinated meat and fry until the color of the meat changes.
- Add 1 cup of water and leave it to pressure cook for 6-8 whistles or until meat is tender. Wait till the steam settles. Remove the lid and add in dry coconut powder. Stir and start to cook by adding chopped gavar ki phalli/cluster beans. Stir and continue to cook on by covering with a lid on low flame for 10-15 minutes by adding ¼ cup of water if needed.
- When the gavar ki phalli/cluster beans are cooked soft, then add coriander powder and stir. Turn off the flame and sprinkle fresh coriander leaves. Serve warm with roti or rice. Tastes best when served with hot roti or phulka’s.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
Here are some more interesting combo recipes with vegetables and mutton,