Crispy out and cheesy in…I am talking about Beenish’s Chicken Potato & Cheese Stuffed Croquettes. Beenish who blogs at ‘This Cake is Desi‘ is a Pakistani blogger who loves to cook for her family and friends. Her blog reflects the rich and humble culinary culture of her place. I know you are tempted to read the post…so go ahead…
Ramadan is my favorite month. Growing up, I really looked forward to it. We were a family of six and my mother preparing food for all of us always felt like a lot of running around and getting everything ready on time:). The best part for me was when my father used to pray before breaking the fast and telling all of us to dig in.
I have lots of picky eaters at my house but no one is as bad as my son.This is one of the things he asks me to make every Ramadan for iftar.
Chicken Potato & Cheese Stuffed Croquettes
- 2 medium Potatoes
- 1 cup Chicken, boiled and shredded
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 12/2 tsp Black peppercorns
- 1/4 tsp crushed Red chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder
- 100 grams Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tbsp finely chopped Cilantro
- 1 Green chili,finely chopped
- a pinch of dried Oregano
- 2 cups Breadcrumbs
- 2 Eggs, scrambled + 2 tbsp Milk
- All purpose flour, for coating
- Boil the potatoes. Once ready, drain,peel and mash into a large bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, crushed chilli flakes and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Mix in the boiled chicken with your hands. Keep aside.
- In another bowl, mix together the cheddar cheese, cilantro, green chilli and the oregano. keep aside. We will use this as our filling for the croquettes.
- Now taking a small amount from the bowl with the potato mixture, make a small round ball in the palm of your hands.
- Make all the balls you can make from this mix and place them on a tray.
- Now wet your hands using a tiny bit of water /oil, place one ball in your palm and flatten it a bit. In the center place a small amount from the cheddar cheese mix. Close the ball from all sides making sure the cheese is locked in from all sides. You can make these a round shape or a slightly elongated shape whichever you find easier.
- Using the same method as mentioned above, fill all of the potato balls with the cheese filling.
- Take 3 small bowls and place the flour, the egg mixture and the breadcrumbs in them respectively. If you can handle your spices add a pinch of black peppers and 1/4 tsp of red chilli flakes in the breadcrumbs, this will give it a deeper flavor that can be tasted in all layers.
- Roll the croquettes in the flour.
- Then dip it into the egg mixture.
- Finally coat it well with the breadcrumbs. Following this exact pattern coat all of the croquettes first.
- Turn the stove on and heat oil in a pan. Once hot turn the stove to a medium.
- Carefully place each croquettes in the pan and fry till golden brown on all sides.
- Place on a greasing paper to absorb all the extra oil and serve warm.
Thank you Beenish for being part of this event and for this droolicious Chicken Potato & Cheese Stuffed Croquettes.
You can freeze these ahead of time, they keep well for over a month. Whenever you are ready to cook, place them in the refrigerator a few hours before frying.
You can find Beenish @ Facebook|Instagram
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Uzbul Zainab (Sweet Cheese Rolls) by Fajeeda
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Potato Stuffed Bread Rolls from Razina
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Chicken&Veggie Pie from Farwin