Razina has been part of this ‘Joy From Fasting To Feasting’ since past two years. Razina of ‘The Recipes of India‘ is a busy techie mom who finds cooking as a stress buster. Today Razina loves to share with us a super easy to make, protein filled Mixed Sprouts Salad, which she makes more often during Iftar time at her home.
We are witnessing the Holy Month of Ramadan once again by Allah’s grace and here is a wishing to all the readers of Yummy Food – “Ramadan Kareem”. It is always a pleasure to receive an invite for this glorious event and this is my 3rd Annual Ramadan guest post in a row, thanks Lubna for this kind gesture. You can read my earlier post here and here
As we follow the Lunar Calender, the Holy month of Ramadan starts 11 days earlier each year. When I was 10 years old and had observed my complete fast for the first time, it was during December, in the chilled weather and the days were also shorter. With each year passing by, we now have this month during summers, when the days are longer and temperatures are at its max. It is always suggested to include lots of fresh fruits, nuts, salads and liquids in your diet to keep you hydrated and filled during the fasting hours.
Today I have a yummy plus healthy salad recipe rich in protein. All the beans can be sprouted overnight and mix with some chopped veggies to make an instant Iftar menu. Usually, I make this for breakfast along with a glass of fresh orange juice. You can use variety of beans and veggies for this recipe. You can even saute the sprouted beans in little oil to make it more crunchy before mixing in the chopped veggies.
Mixed Sprouts Salad
- 1 cup Mixed beans (mix of mung beans, black chickpeas, green peas and alfalfa seeds)
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 1/4 cupTomato, pulp removed and chopped
- 1/4 cup Cucumber, chopped
- 1 Green chilli, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Coriander leaves , chopped
- Salt – to taste
- 1 tbsp. Lemon juice
- Wash the beans 2-3 times and then soak in water overnight. Drain the excess water and keep it covered untouched for another day. By this time, you will see the sprouts coming from the beans. Rinse it and now it is ready to be used.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all the ingredients mentioned with the sprouted beans.
- Add lemon juice and check for salt and adjust accordingly.
- Mixed sprouts salad is ready to be served.
Thank you Razina for being part of this event and sharing with us this wonderful recipe.
You can find Razina @ Facebook|Twitter|Pinterest
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Western Lassi by Misba
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Mango Sago Pudding from Fajeeda
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Turkish Lamb Pides from Dr.Jehanne