Today’s recipe is a saver….You can make it for Iftar dinner and can be had for Seher too…A droolicious ‘Kerala Chicken Curry’ by Fajeeda of Faji’s Hot Pot is a perfect blend of spice and aroma. Fajeeda has been regular contributor to ‘Joy From Fasting To Feasting’ since the event has started. I love her simplicity of writing style. Her blog is loaded with tons of yum recipes. Do stop by…
Hi all I’m Fajeeda of fajishotpot…..Thanks a lot Lubna for giving me this opportunity again to do a guest post for your yearly event Joy From Fasting To Feasting….Ramadan is a holy month we spent for lot of duas and charities….Praying for all to have a happy and prosperous days ahead…Today I’m posting a dish we can for main course for dinner…This is a Kerala Chicken Curry…
KERALA CHICKEN CURRY
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 big Onions
- 10 to 12 Shallots
- 1 med pc Ginger
- 8 to 10 Cloves Garlic
- 5 Green chilies
- 1 big Tomato
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp Pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chilly powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala powder
- 1 tsp Fennel seeds powder
- 1c Coconut milk
- Mustard seeds for spluttering
- Curry Leaves
- Coriander leaves
- Coconut oil
- Clean the chicken and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil splutter the mustard seeds and add the sliced onions and shallots.
- When it is transparent add chopped garlic and ginger and saute well.
- Now when the raw smell goes away add the spice powders and saute well.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute well.
- When the tomatoes are soft add the chicken and mix well.
- When the chicken is cooked well add the coconut milk and when just boil off the flame.
- Add the curry leaves and coriander leaves.
- Have it with Chapattis or rice.
Thank you Fajeeda for being part of this event and giving the recipe for this spice rich chicken curry.
You can find Fajeeda @ Facebook
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Steamed Plantain with Coconut Milk Sauce by Tika
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Chicken Kebab Burger from Sadaf F K
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Gluten-Free Coffee and Walnut Chiffon Cake from Arfi