Huma of Gheza-e-Shiriin who is guest posting today have come up with an awesome idea of gifting homemade edible goodies to the employees at her husbands office. This is a tradition which they are following since some time and this time she had thought of making these wonderful Fig & Pistachio Energy Bites. Do try them and share with your loved ones.
Assala mo alykum & Ramadan Kareem to all the readers of Yummy Food. Thanks Lubna for inviting me to guest post for your even Joys From Fasting To Feasting.
Ramadan for me is a new beginning to evaluate myself and the journey for me to reach closer to Allah and follow the sunnah of rasool. It is for me to take an insight on how to improve myself and the path I intend to follow for the coming year. Each year few days before Ramadan, it has become a tradition to give a box of goodies to our employees and business associates.
This year , my husband advised to give a little personal touch to let them know , that we value their work and association. After some thinking, I thought this Figs energy bites would be best along with dates and other goodies.
Today I am sharing with you simple recipe of Figs Energy Bites flavored with goodness of saffron, nuts & Coconut. Made two different type of energy bites using pistachios and coconut. The recipe to prepare is very easy to and time consumed to prepare is also less. You can also set layer in a tray and cut into pieces if you want to shorten more of its process. As we wanted to gift it, preparing it in ball shape were good for us.
Fig & Pistachio Energy Bites
Makes around 600 gm
- 500 gm Figs chopped
- 2 tsp Honey
- ¼ tsp saffron crushed
- ½ cup almond powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ghee(optional)
- ¼ cup sliced pistachio
- Coconut shred for coating (optional)
- Add the chopped figs to a food processor with chopper blade or a mixture
- Pulse till coarse paste
- Now in a heavy bottom pan heat ghee. Add the fig paste. Fry for few seconds
- Now add the almond powder , salt , honey and crushed saffron.
- Fry for few minutes until you get a nutty aroma of almonds
- Remove & cool
- Now add the slices pistachio to half of the prepared paste and mix properly.
- Now make a bite size balls. Place these balls in small paper cups.
- Take the other half of the paste. Make the bite sized balls. Roll it in coconut shred until evenly coated. Place these balls in small paper cups.
- Can be stored at room temperature for a month.
NOTES: These figs balls can be flavored with different nuts like almond, walnut and even peanuts. Totally depends on your taste. Basic recipe will remain the same.
Thank you Huma for being part of this event and giving us this wonderful idea of homemade edible gifts.
2015 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII – Pistachio Saffron Pudding by Thas
2014 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII – Adukkupathiri from Najla Koya
2013 – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VI – Thari Kanji/Semolina Payasam from Zareena