The bliss of living in community is that you get to know about other cultures, traditions and moreover you even get to taste yum goodies that they prepare during festivals and special occasions. I told you before too, I loved Chennai from day I landed here as I have got good friend circle here. As they know I am food blogger and blogs about recipes, they share their recipes with me now and then along with bringing in samples of what they have cooked.
Some are generous enough, that they invite me in their kitchen while cooking to click pictures when I tell them, about any particular recipe. In our apartment, during festivals, if they are not going hometown, girls gather at one place in any one person’s house and cook together. Later we share accordingly whatever we have prepared. It’s so much fun. Cooking together not only saves time but also teaches us whole new tips and tricks of making the same recipes.
Cooking along we share warm memories of mom’s/grandma’s kitchens, chit chat on whole lot of things from politics to everyday breakfast ideas. I get less work to do as I will be the official photographer at any cook together events. Girls though camera shy, pause for me to record each and every single step and even ask me whether I got the shot right or do they need to repeat it again. Sweet isn’t it??
As the biggest Andhra festival, Pongal is going to start in few days, my dear friends decided to start the festive preparations by making some traditional sweets. First in the list is ‘Teepi Gavvalu/Sweet Seashells’. I loved these being kid and shell shape of these gavvalu always fascinated me. But I never went in deep to try them making them at home. But today I got chance to know how these yum goodies are made. The recipe is simple, but you need to know correct syrup consistency to get the recipe right.
As this time I carried my Asus ZenPad 7.0 with me to click pictures, I got a chance to share a quick video on how to shape these gavvalu on my Instagram handle. You can check it here. And we even had gala time listening to some our all-time favourite numbers in Asus ZenPad 7.0 while cooking. Let me tell you Asus ZenPad 7.0 is the world’s first tablet to integrate DTS-HD Premium Sound transforming the audio experience. It creates an immersive cinema-style experience with deep, rich bass enhanced from 300Hz to 700Hz and treble enhanced from 7kHz to 15kHz. It also gives crystal clear dialogue that keeps a consistent volume. It has a wider range, which is one octave lower and one octave higher thanks to its SonicMaster technology. Isn’t it amazing?? A DTS-HD Premium Sound speaker is built in to the CA71 ASUS Audio Cover, which snaps simply onto the rear of the device. It is perfect for enhancing the enjoyment of movies, YouTube videos and music. The single strip speaker is six in one, incorporating four Main speakers, one Centre and one Subwoofer and delivers sound in an upward direction. It has six hours of battery life.
Along with this Asus ZenPad 7.0 uses the latest image processing technology usually found on high-end TVs, it analyses every pixel to optimise and sharpen each one. 60 million display optimizations per second on HD screen Contrast & sharpness optimization applied to each pixel. This tab has also got an amazing pre-installed ‘mini movie’ app which allows you to choose the pictures in the tab and create a mini movie for you just like that….not only this…this app has got 6 built in backgrounds and music to choose from to apply to your mini movie. I created a one with the pictures I clicked yesterday in the park. I really loved this mini movie app.
I was looking out for something like….Tap the Kids Mode app to open a safe area for your children when using the ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG. It has a browser with filtering and parental controls plus PIN codes to prevent access. You can even set a time limit on their usage. Now I get peace of mind when my darling plays over the tab. You can also make phone calls using your ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG when a SIM-card is inserted into the slot underneath the Back Cover. Connect to your PC to share data or use Remote Link to turn the ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG into a PowerPoint or Windows Media Player controller. The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG features two PixelMaster cameras. The Rear Camera is 8MP in quality and has auto-focus while the Front Camera is 2MP. The pictures you see in this post are all from ZenPad 7.0. As the pictures came out so good, all I did is edited them with copyright and then collaged with built in PhotoCollage and with 3G network capability I could share this recipe with you in no time.
This is going to be best when I am travelling…as I can click, edit, even write a blog post, and share with you on go. Saves lot of time to me and I can use it anywhere and everywhere with my convince. I just fell in love with this black beauty…I recommend this as must buy if you are looking out for a tab with all the features I have mentioned. Thumbs up for Asus ZenPad 7.0. By it today to get that wonderful ASUSZEN experience.
- 2 cups All purpose Flour/Maida
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Ghee, at room temperature
- Water, as required
- Oil for deep frying
FOR OUTER COATING:
- 300 gms. Jaggery
- 1 cup Water
- 4-5 green Cardamoms
- Swift the flour in a wide bowl and add salt. Add ghee to this and start kneading by adding water. Knead till you get soft dough. Cover and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Knead the dough for 1 minute and divide it into 1’inch small balls. Take one ball at a time and using a ‘gavvala chekka’ (wooden mold used in making these gavvalu, you can see it in picture) or you can use grater or fork to shape these gavvalu.
- Heat enough oil for deep frying and when the oil is hot enough, check it by dropping a pinch small ball, if the ball sizzles and reaches top then the oil is ready for deep frying.
- Carefully and very slowly drop one by one prepared gavvalu into hot oil. Deep fry on low flame until they are cooked completely.
- Drain onto a kitchen tissue and do the same until you completely all the dough.
- Now pound the jaggery or you can even grate the jaggery. Add this to a heavy bottom cooking vessel along with 1 cup of water and crushed cardamom pods.
- On medium high flame, stir till jaggery melts. Strain this mixture and again keep the strained mixture back on stove.
- Continue cooking by stirring in between till the syrup thickens. Keep a glass of water ready and when the syrup starts to thicken, add a drop into that water.
- Bring it together to form a ball, if you can roll it into a ball (as shown in the picture above) then the consistency is correct. Turn off the flame and add above fried ‘gavvalu’.
- In quick motion using a large wooden spoon or ladle stir in to get gavvalu fully coated with jaggery syrup. You need to be very careful while doing this. As the jaggery syrup is hot and it will start to thicken and
- Leave till they reach room temperature. Take them into a sterilized air tight container and store. These stay fresh for 2 weeks.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
MORE HIGHLIGHTS ABOUT THIS ASUS ZENPAD 7.0
- The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG design has been influenced by its similarity to the way a clutch bag would
be carried by its owner.
- It features a fashionable embossed leather pattern, clean lines, a 6.35mm slim bezel and rounded edges for a more comfortable grip and ergonomic holding position.
- The Rear Camera has 15 effects modes to choose from while there are 8 on the Front Camera. These include Low-Light Mode, HDR (for better backlit images); Beautification (to improve portraits by adjusting the softness or brightness of the skin, eye size and cheek width); a Selfie mode with 140 degree Panorama if used with the front camera; Time Lapse; Time Rewind and Smart Remove, which deletes moving objects such as passers-by from the background of your shot.
- The ASUS ZenPad 7.0 Z370CG can merge four pixels into one super pixel. Pixel Merging means 400% brighter photos at night while Pixel Perfecting intelligently adjusts the noise level and can increase contrast by 200%.
- The HDR mode on the Rear Camera creates superior images in backlit conditions by balancing the exposure and automatically adjusting brightness and contrast.
- The innovative Time Rewind mode automatically captures burst shots for a period of two seconds prior to the shutter button being pressed and for one second after to assist users to capture that perfect moment.
- Asus ZenPad 7.0 is world first tablet with interchangeable add-ons to enhance the sounds and the battery life.
- HD display (1280×800) with 72% view area and corning Gorilla glass.
- 8 hours battery life plus the chance to extend this to 14 hours in total using the protective ASUS Power Case.