While lil one was watching the movie, I slide into the kitchen to make something quick to answer our hunger….A packet of McCain Smiles are always there in my fridge these days….I thought of frying them out….but it is already lunch time, I thought of making sandwiches and ended up making very full filling meal of Smiley Pita Pockets. Seeing McCain Smiles in the pita, there was a beautiful smile on my daughters face…which lifted my spirits and my mission accomplished. Mamma bhi khush, betiya bhi khush aur tummy bhi full….then we made another round and clicked pictures where lil’M helped me in arranging the props….and the saga of smiles and giggles continued….To know more about McCain Smiles and other products visit McCain Foods(India). I am linking this entry to McCain Snacks Let’sPut A Smile On That Face contest at Indiblogger.
Smiley Pita Pockets
- 1 Pita
- 4 McCain Smiles
- 1 Onion, chopped finely
- 3 tbsp. Tahini, check NOTES
- 2 tbsp. diced Red bell peppers
- 1 tbsp. finely shredded Cabbage
- Salt as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 1 tbsp. boiled mixed Sprouts, optional
- few sprigs fresh Coriander leaves, for garnish
- Lightly warm pita and cut into two equal half’s to form two pockets.
- In a bowl combine finely chopped onions, diced red bell peppers (i skipped adding these for lil’M), shredded cabbage and boiled sprouts. Toss by adding salt and pepper powder. This is our filling.
- When you are ready to assemble, Deep fry McCain Smiles (taking them directly from the freezer, no need to thaw and you can even bake them if you want to avoid deep frying) in enough oil and drain onto a kitchen tissue. Set aside.
- Take half of pita and gently place two deep fried McCain Smiles side by side and fill it with above made filling. Drizzle tahini sauce and garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve with pickled carrots.
- Add love to make these smiley pita pockets taste ‘Yummy’.