If you want me to pick one snack which I never get bore munching is ‘Popcorn’. Till recently I liked rather say tried savoury flavours in popcorn like butter or pepper or red chili or curry leaf powder (idli podi) or chat masala…..but on my recent trip to grocery store , I came across different flavours of readymade popcorn and surprise to see some sweet ones like strawberry and caramel. Wondering how they would taste like I picked up strawberry flavoured popcorns. Somehow, I was not satisfied with the taste of readymade ones…..and dropped the idea of sweet flavoured popcorn.
evening tea. The popcorn tasted best with fresh brewed mint-lemon green tea.
Cinnamon-Cocoa Flavored Popcorn
- ¾ cup Popcorn kernels
- 2 tbsp. Cinnamon-cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp. sea Salt
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 3 tbsp. Coconut oil
- Pop in popcorn kernels as per your choice. Either in microwave or by stove top method.
- In a bowl combine coconut oil, sea salt, sugar and cinnamon-cocoa powder. Whisk gently until combined. Add in fresh popped popcorn and toss until well combined. Serve warm.
- You can use butter instead of coconut oil and can skip sea salt.
- You can play around by adding cardamom or vanilla extract.
- I used unsweetened cocoa powder.