Me and my third SIL are of same age. So we hang around together most of the time. She is fond of interior designing and always in the processes of setting the house. Her house is like a little museum and these Set of 2 Decorative Vases in Bottle Shaped will add life to it. My younger SIL is very fond of plants and flowers. Most of the time I see her in the home garden and she talks mostly about nature, plants, flowers, etc……nothing can make her more happy than this Quickry multicolour wooden Test Tube Planter and I know she will be the first to call me up to say how much she is going to adore this…..As I can’t resist myself, I bought these Muticolor Wooden Trays for me, to pamper the food blogger in me….Wish I too had a bro, to take me shopping on an ‘ExclusiveLane’ and buy me more…..wink emoticon….
Saffron Flavoured Rava Ladoo
- 1 cup fine Semolina/Sooji
- 3 tbsp. dry desiccated Coconut powder
- ½ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¾ cup Ghee
- 2 tbsp. Cashews, halved
- pinch Saffron
- Dry roast saffron strands for few seconds and crush with your fingers. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking pan, dry roast semolina until raw smell wafts. Take care not to burn the semolina. Turn off the flame and leave it to cool.
- Add 2 tbsp. of ghee to pan and fry halved cashews until nice golden.
- Meanwhile grind the sugar to smooth powder. Take out in a wide bowl. Now grind dry roasted semolina to fine powder. Add this to sugar powder.
- To this add fried cashews, cardamom powder, dry coconut powder and crushed saffron. Combine well.
- Now add spoon by spoon melted hot ghee and gently fold in the mixture. Carefully using a wooden spatula combine the mixture with ghee. It will now look like bread crumbs.
- Grease your palms with ghee and slowly add melted hot ghee to the above mixture and start to make ladoos of your desired size.
- Garnish with saffron stands and serve. These stay fresh for a week when stored in a clean and dry air tight container.
- Add love to make these ladoos taste ‘Yummy’.
These make best edible gifts and you can even make these ahead. So what you are making this festive season? Share your recipes in the comment line and I will share it on my facebook page….