Eid is a three day long affair in my house….For three days my mom makes different sweets and snacks apart from Sheer Khorma to serve the flowing guests. Continuing this trend in our Ramadan event we are having extended celebration….Ruxana of ‘From My Own Kitchen‘ has cooked up a delectable snack, which is quite new to me…Scroll down to check out…
- 300 gms. Prawns Marinate the prawns with ¼ tsp chilli powder and a little salt.
- 3 Onions, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. Ginger paste
- ½ tsp. Garlic paste
- 3 Green chillies, ground to paste
- ¼ tsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp. Garam masala
- Few Curry leaves, chopped
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as needed
For the Pancakes
- 1 cup All Purpose Flour/Maida
- 2 Egg Yolks
- Salt to taste
- 1 ½ cups Water
Further Ingredients for frying
- 2 Egg Whites
- ¼ tsp. Chilli powder
- Oil to shallow fry
- Heat oil in a frying pan and shallow fry the marinated prawns. Set this aside.
- Now heat another pan, add 2-3 tsp of oil and add the chopped onion. After a minute add the pasted ginger, garlic and the green chillies. Sauté well till the onions turn translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients and saute. Last add the fried prawns, mix well and turn off the flame.
- Now for the batter, first separate the egg whites and yolks as mentioned in the ingredients. Use yolks for the batter and whites for the frying part.
- In a bowl add the egg yolks, salt and the flour. Add water little by little and whisk this well to form a smooth batter without any lumps. The consistency should neither be too thick nor too thin, so be careful while adding water.
- Place a non-stick pan on medium heat. When the pan turns hot(not too hot),grease the pan with a little oil and pour a small ladleful of the batter and immediately swirl the pan and make a thin pancake. Just as the top part dries and the sides leave the pan take it out on to a plate.
- Add a little filling at the centre of the pancake and fold all the four sides of the pancake inwards in the form of a small box.
- Repeat the same process with rest of the batter and the filling.
- Now take the reserved egg whites in a bowl, whisk it a little adding the chilli powder. Heat a frying pan and add oil. When the oil turns hot dip each of these filled pancakes in the prepared egg mix and fry till both sides are done. Transfer onto a kitchen tissue. Serve hot.