Having lived in UAE since I was a teenager, Ramadan here is the best. Ramadan in UAE is typically cultural, it depends on what background you come from, since UAE has a vast biodiversity in its community and you will find people follow different customs (i.e. Indian, Pakistani, Somali, Emarati, Western etc). Most people spend the early hours of the day resting and sleeping as days tend to be extremely sunny and heated due to the scorching desert sunny weather. People begin their days by late evening reciting The Holy Quran and several prayers and prepare their Iftar meals then do their tasks or chores until their bedtime after early sunrise Suhoor. Others may wake up early motivated for a hardworking day full of spiritual efforts.Certain Muslims take Ramadan as a burden to go through with difficulty, but others take full advantage of this month to spread positivity by looking into others’ lives and helping them get through their problems, conducting charitable and eco-friendly events and helping the poor and needy. The last 10 days are meant to be extra spiritual before they wait the big eventful day of Eid. They celebrate the good deeds they’ve accomplished from this month and how they’ve improved in letting go of their bad habits by meeting friends and relatives, preparing sweet dishes, dressing well fancy and attending congregational prayers.
Today I would like to share with you all a recipe that’s my family’s favourite mocktail especially my kids love it; hope you all to will enjoy this as much as we do.
Blue Lady Mocktail
- 1-2 tbsp. Curacao Blue Syrup
- Ice cubes as needed
- 2-3 tbsp. Sugar syrup (Recipe below)
- Sprite, as needed
- 1-2 tbsp. Lemon juice
For Sugar Syrup:
- 1 cup Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Start by making Sugar syrup. Take sugar and water in a saucepan. Bring it to a boil and mix till sugar is dissolved. Simmer for 5 mins. Switch off the flame and allow it to cool down. Store this in a clean sterilized bottle and keep in fridge till you need it.
- Now make the mocktail. Take a serving glass; fill it half way with ice.
- Add in curacao syrup, sugar syrup, lemon juice and sprite.
- Mix this well thoroughly. Serve immediately.
Thank you Mubeen for being part of ‘Global Ramadan Event – Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII’.
You can find Mubeen @ Facebook.
NOTE: You can find updated list of entries @ Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VIII.