It took little time to scroll down to see the recipe….as my eyes glued to the pictures… Najla not only clicks beautifully but also presents the food so nicely…that you feel like eating it right away…Najla of Foodie Corner is sharing with us a simple, yet wonderful recipe…which will a star on your Iftaar table…
Ramadan Kareem !! It is with much joy that Muslims around the world welcome this auspicious month of physical and spiritual cleansing. It is the holy month in which Muslims all over the world, observe fasting from dawn to dusk., and engage in more prayers. May Allah accept all our prayers and good deeds this Ramadan.
- China Grass, cut into thin pieces – 10 gm
- Condensed Milk – 1 tin
- Milk – 1 cup
- Coconut Water – 3 cups
- Tender coconut flesh – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Mix 10 grams of china grass with 1 1/2 cup ( 375 ml) tender coconut water and keep aside for an hour.
- Beat well 1 cup of tender coconut flesh with 1/2 cup of tender coconut water in a mixer. ( If there is not much coconut flesh, you can mix 3 tbsp of coconut milk powder with 1/2 cup of coconut water )
- After one hour, in a thick bottom pan, heat the china grass and coconut water , and stir till the china grass is completely dissolved. Turn off the flame.Let it cool slightly
- In another thick bottom pan, heat 1 tin of condensed milk, 1 cup of milk ,1 cup of coconut water and 4 tbsp of sugar. Turn off the flame, as soon as the mixture gets warm. Do not let it boil.
- Mix the beaten coconut flesh to the condensed milk mixture.
- Add the melted china grass to this . Strain this mixture
- Beat this in a mixer, in 3 turns, pouring 1/3 rd at a time . ( As it will be hot, do not pour till the mixer is full)
- Pour into a pudding dish and refrigerate for 4-5 hrs.
- Garnish with praline powder or pomegranate seeds and serve.