In today’s post, a food passionate doctor Ola of Dr.Ola’s Kitchen is going to share with us a wonderful french beans recipe. I never thought simple looking french beans can be cooked in such a yum way. A perfect side dish that can be made and served both in Iftaar and Seher…..
Asslam Alikom everyone and Happy Ramadan 🙂
- 500 gm Fresh Green Beans
- 500 gm Meat (Beef) cut into cubes & cooked
- 1 medium sized Onion, chopped
- 3 tbsp. Tomato Paste (or more for intense color)
- 1 tbsp. Butter
- 3-4 cups Meat Stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- To prepare the Beef Stock: (This is my way, you can do it your own way & add whatever herbs you like)
- In a wide pot, add 4 cups of water, a chopped onion, chopped celery stick, bay leaves, cardamom, salt & pepper.
- Wash your meat & add it to the water mixture, turn on the heat to high till it boils than reduce the heat & leave it cook slowly for nearly 90 minutes .
- Wash the beans and clean them (what I loved about them is that they are imported from Egypt , my homeland :)) by removing the two tips & cutting the each bean into 1 inch (or more) pieces .
- In a pot over medium to high heat add the butter & chopped onions. Stir till the onions turns yellow in color, then add beef stock, tomato paste, cooked meat cubes, green beans, salt & pepper .
- Bring them to boil, then reduce the heat to low & leave the covered pot to simmer for nearly 30 minutes .
- Taste for extra salt and pepper.