Coming back to the recipe….I used Basmati Rice in making this recipe, for more healthier option you can choose brown rice too…Simple flavours of life are always wonderful…try this flavoursome delicacy to pamper your taste buds with something which is yummy and healthy.
- 2 cups Basmati rice
- 1 big Onion, finely sliced
- 1 medium Tomato, finely chopped
- 2 Green chilies slit length-wise
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 2 Cloves, 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 1’inch stick Cinnamon, 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tbsp. homemade Garam masala, check NOTES
- ½ tbsp. Salt
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- 3 tbsp. Fortune rice bran oil
- 5 cups Water
- ¼ cup chopped Coriander leaves
- 5-6 Mint leaves
- Wash and soak basmati rice in enough water for 30 minutes.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel, add oil and to it add cloves, green cardamoms, cinnamon stick and bay leaf. When the spices start to release their aroma add finely sliced onions and fry until nice light brown. Now add chopped tomatoes and green chilies. Fry until they turn soft.
- To this add ginger-garlic paste and fry till raw smell disappears (nearly 1-2 minutes). Now add chopped coriander leaves and mint leaves and fry for 1 minute on high.
- Reduce the flame and add soaked basmati rice and gently coat the rice by turning up and down. Now add water, salt, turmeric and garam masala powder.
- Cook on low flame by sealing the vessel with a foil or lid till rice is completely cooked.
- Once the rice is done, keep it covered for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh mint leaves/coriander leaves and serve hot.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.