Upon my reader’s request here is a simple and yum recipe….which is a side dish and that too a vegetarian one….purely made in microwave…..So what are you waiting for…..if a block of paneer is sitting in your fridge then do try this out soon…..I served this microwave kadai paneer with jeera rice/cumin flavoured rice….the combo was simply delectable….
Microwave Kadai Paneer
- 1 cup Paneer, cut into long strips
- 1 big Onion, finely sliced
- ½ cup Green Capsicum, cut into long strips
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 tbsp. Tomato puree
- ½ tbsp. Coriander powder
- ¼ tbsp. Cumin powder
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. Garam Masala
- ½ tbsp. dried Fenugreek leaves/Kasuri methi
- 1 tbsp. fresh Cream
- Wash and soak kasuri methi in luke warm water.
- In a microwave safe glass bowl add oil, sliced onions and ginger-garlic paste and microwave on HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Mix coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, salt and garam masala in 2-3 tbsp. of water. Now add this to microwave safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute.
- At this stage add tomato puree, capsicum and ½ cup water. Microwave in HIGH for 2-3 minutes or until capsicum pieces turn soft.
- Add paneer pieces and microwave on HIGH for 2 minute. (You can microwave for another more minute or two for that desired consistency of the recipe).
- Now add kasuri methi and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Add cream and microwave on HIGH for 30 seconds.
- Add love to make this dish taste ‘Yummy’.
- When you are using microwave to make any recipe, then please keep an eye on it and the cooking time varies depending on microwave capacity….so cook accordingly.
Always use good quality of microwave safe bowls. Microwave safe glass bowls work best.