Tri Color Bread Bhajiya’s
Servings – 6-8 people
Preparation – 15- 20 mins
- 2-3 cups Besan/Gram flour
- ¼ tbsp. Cooking soda
- ½ tbsp. Chilli Powder
- 2 tbsp. Cornflour
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- To make bhajji batter mix all ingredients mentioned in the list except water.
- Now add water slowly and mix it well to make a free flowing paste without lumps.
- This paste should neither be too thick or too thin, Just enough free flowing to get coated with bread nicely from all the sides.
- Check for salt and keep this aside till we are ready to fry.
- Take 3 breads at a time place it over a plate or a board.
- In 1st slice apply green chutney nicely all over.
- Place another bread slice over it and now apply Tamarind Chutney.
- Place another bread slice over it for the closing and press it a little to set it well.
- Now cut the chutney applied bread into 2 halves or 4 pieces as showing in the pic.
- Like wise prepare all the breads with chutney and keep it ready
- Heat oil in a pan, start dipping each bread pieces into the batter and deep fry it in medium flame till golden brown.
- Remove it into oil absorbent material and serve it hot along with ketchup.
- I did not trim the slices of bread. This gave me good grip to handle the bread slices easily while dipping into batter.
- While dipping into batter make sure its a quick action and yet whole thing is coated nicely. If you let allow the bread slices to sit in batter it might become heavy and break too….Reason?
- Bread slices are already soft, and they have absorbed moisture content of chutneys applied. So it all becomes handle with care situation (not really that hard, just be quick).
- Don’t make the batter thick, as it will become difficult to coat the bread pieces. free flowing batter will work its charms nicely
- If u don’t have tamarind chutney you can use tomato sauce
- Make sure you add chutneys nicely and more in quantity than you can just spread for a sandwich! Because as told above bread will absorb moisture, and next since bread is a bland food it has its own kind of sweetness.
- It may neutralize the chutney effect if applied little. so make sure you apply good amount of chutney in every slice to get that perfect taste!!