- 2 boiled chicken breasts, cut into little pieces
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- ½ cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp. sumac
- ¼ cup of pine nuts, fried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- And sambousik dough
- In a pot we fry the chopped onions in EVOO, keep mixing till onions are tender and caramelized.
- Season with sumac, salt and pepper. Add the cooked chicken and fried pines and set aside to cool.
- Now we’re ready to rock and roll. Place a table spoon of the filling on a sambousik sheet and fold it into a triangle, closing it using a mixture of flour and some water.
- Repeat till the filling is all done. Just before the time of serving, deep fry in hot vegetable oil till golden and crunchy… bon appétit:)