Our today’s guest is a new mom….though being busy handling her new bundle of joy….Shazia took out time to send across these delectable samosa’s….Samosa’s play very vital role in Iftaar menu during Ramadan….but these samosa’s from Shazia are quite interesting and unique….Shazia belongs to Cutchi Memon community…her blog Cutchi Kitchen is loaded with delectable traditional and contemporary cuisine from her community…..Thank you Shazia for coming up with these sweet samosa’s…..
Sweet Samosas or Mitto Samosa
- 12 Samosa Leaves
- Flour and water paste for sticking the samosas
- 1 cup desiccated Coconut
- 2 tbsp. sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp. Raisins
- 3 Cardamoms
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- Oil for deep frying
- In a frying pan, dry roast the desiccated coconut with the sliced almonds and raisins till lightly toasted. Add the pounded cardamom pods and sugar. Be careful while roasting now – as the sugar will begin to caramelize which cause the mixture to burn.
- Cool the mixture completely before filling them in samosa leaves. Seal them with the flour and water mixture.
- Fry in hot oil till golden brown.
- Be careful to continue roasting the filling especially after adding sugar as it caramelizes easily and can burn.
- Make sure there are no holes in the samosa or it will absorb a lot of oil.