I came across Sarah through a facebook group just few months back. Sarah Rahman is from Bangladesh, currently living in UK. Cooking and Food Photography are two things which she loves doing whole day while running around her two adorable daughters….Sarah being busy could not take time to start her own blog….but she shares her yum recipes at her facebook page Let’s Share Recipes…..If you are on facebook then do drop by at her page….Thank you Sarah for joining in the event with this refreshing and yum falooda…..
Ramadan is a very special and pious month to us. We do fast during Ramadan. People in Bangladesh normally break their fast with dates, cold drinks, and then have a big meal which include some fried items, along with falooda, jilapi, black chana bhuna, haleem etc., Some times we also eat biryani, fruit chat, and lots of fruits, seasonal fruits like melon, water melon, mango, etc., . Falooda is a cold and sweet beverage very popular in Asian country especially during summers.
- 1 lit. fresh Milk
- 1 cup Condensed milk
- 1 tbsp. Basil seeds, soaked overnight
- ¼ tbsp. green Cardamom powder
- ½ cup Almonds and Pistachio, roughly chopped (can be done in food processor too)
- 1 cup thin Vermicelli noodles (made of corn starch)
- 1-2 tbsp. Raisins
- 1 tbsp. sliced Almonds
- 1 tbsp. Cherries, sliced
- 4-5 tbsp. Rose syrup, I used Roohafza
- 1 packet Halal Jelly, I used Ahmed Jelly
- 3-4 scoops Vanilla Ice cream or any of your choice
- Bring milk to boil and add in condensed milk. Combine on low flame and add in green cardamom powder, coarsely chopped almonds and pistachio. Now add vermicelli and cook till they are soft.
- Turn off the gas and leave it cool completely. Once it has come down to room temperature, refrigerate until chilled by adding basil seeds. This is our falooda mixture.
- Make jelly by following the instructions on the packet.
- Take a serving glass (should be transparent) add 2 tbsp. Rose syrup (Roohafza) and then add 2 big scoops of vanilla ice-cream.
- Next add jelly pieces and pour in 3-4 tbsp. of chilled falooda mixture.
- Repeat layers depending on size of the glass. Garnish with sliced almonds, cherries and raisins. Serve chilled.