Time has passed so quickly and again the holy month of Ramadan has come. Like every year Lubna is again hosting the event Joy from fasting to feasting where she is inviting Muslim blogger from all over the world to share their food prepared during Ramadan. Thanks Lubna for making me a part of your wonderful event. For those who don’t know me, I am an Indian residing in UAE & blog at Gheza-e-Shiriin where I share my food stories and memories with each dish I prepare. After living in UAE for about a decade now, we have adopted many of this region’s multicultural food……and sometimes create a medley of Indian and Arabic dishes to suit our Indian taste.
So today sharing with you all Cous Cous na Gota aka Fritter .Cous cous is a type of semolina made from durum wheat. Mostly used in North African Moroccan cuisine, cous cous is prepared by steaming over the boiling water or by soaking in hot water. For this recipe , I have used the soaking method.
Cous Cous na Gota Aka Fritter
Serves: 3 -4
- ¼ cup Cous Cous
- ¼ cup + 3 tbsp. Water
- ½ tsp.Salt
- 1 stalk green onion chopped
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- 1 chopped green chilly
- ¼ tsp red chilly paste
- ¼ tsp crushed coriander seeds
- 1 small egg
- Pinch of Soda
- Salt adjusted to taste
- Prepare Cous Cous: Heat the water with salt to boiling point. Add in cous cous & cover with cling film & keep aside for 10 to 15 minutes. After 10 minutes fluff it up with fork.
- When cous cous is completely cool add in chopped coriander, green chilly, red chilly paste, crushed coriander and egg. Mix well
- Form in to balls and deep fry till golden brown
- Serve hot with tomato ketchup.