Salam and welcome to today’s post where the guest who is honoring the event Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII is Ainy of Ainy Cooks from Pakistan. I came across Ainy’s blog through Crescent Rating…from then I have been following her blog…I told this before too…she has got that skill to present a complicated recipe in a simple way. Kudos to your work Ainy. Do drop by Ainy Cooks to know all about Pakistani Food…….Thank you Ainy for chipping in such a wonderful post….
Ramadan is here Friends and this spiritual month always brings my childhood memories back. This month of Ramadan is the greatest blessings of Allah upon us. Special memories of Ramadan are engraved in my heart and i will share few with you.I am thankful to Lunba who has given this chance to us…:)
I am sharing my innovation with you ,this is basically a healthy and easy (convenient) recipe . Make it and store in freezer with samosas and rolls. One more special thing about this recipe is, you can either fry or bake .The end product will be awesome.
Chicken and Cheese Pie
- ½ kg. Chicken mice
- 1 small Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp. minced Garlic
- 2 tbsp. Oil
- 2 tbsp. Green chilies, chopped
- ½ tsp. crushed Red chilies, optional
- ½ tsp. crushed Cumin seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp. Black pepper, crushed
- 1 cup Cottage cheese, crumbled
- Wonton/ roll wraps as needed
- 2 Eggs lightly beaten
- Bread Crumbs as needed
- In a pan pour oil and onion, saute till soft then add garlic mince, again saute for few seconds.
- Add chicken mince,stir it and add salt and black pepper. Fry mince for few seconds and cover it for few minutes on very low flame.
- When cooked properly then add green chilies crushed and mix well.( you can add coriander leaves also)
- Remove from stove and let it cool for few minutes.
- Take two wraps, place cheese in the center of the wrap then top it with a layer of chicken.
- Now wrap it from all four sides ,seal corners with a paste of flour and water.
- Keep them in fridge for few minutes.
- You can freeze them on this stage.Place on a plastic sheet and freeze them ,when become hard store them in an air tight container.When needed take them out thaw on room temperature and dip in eggs and crumbs then fry or bake.
- Take out pies from fridge and dip in egg then coat crumbs.
- Fry in shallow oil. I like fried version most but those who are diet conscious they can bake them.
- You can bake them at 180c till nice brown color appear from both sides.Turn them time to time.
- Serve with Sauce or Ketchup.
In the end i will just say That Patience and Tolerance are the Top important things and as a mother we should teach our kids from the beginning,as i learned from my mother to give others and to be content and satisfied what we have.