Salam…..its my pleasure to have Najla Koya of Foodie Corner as my guest and hearty welcome to her…..as our new member of the event Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII. I came across Najla’s blog through Foodgawker….bowled by the charm of her food photography….The day when I landed in her blog…she had just posted ‘focaccia caprese‘…and I was glued to her blog….looking at the pictures and recipe…A simple step-wise pictorial when a recipe demand is the key feature in her blog. Thank you Najla, for taking out time and sending across such a lavish entry and being part of this global Ramadan event…..
Ramadan Kareem to all !!! I was pretty excited when Lubna asked me to do a guest post for her Joy from fasting to feasting event. I have been following Lubna’s beautiful blog for quite some time. Her tutorial section on food photography has helped me a lot to improve my photography skills ..:-)
- 1 cup Rice flour
- ¾ cup Coconut milk powder
- 10 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 ½ cup Water
- 3 Cardamom
- 6 Eggs
- 6 tbsp. Sugar
- 5 Cardamom
- Mix together the ingredients for the rice flour batter in a mixer. Keep aside in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs , sugar and cardamom in mixer and keep aside in another bowl.
- Now, we need to steam these 2 batters alternately. For this, boil water in a steamer.
- Grease a pan with a few drops of ghee. Place it in the steamer.
- First pour 5 tbsp of egg batter to get a thin layer. Close the steamer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- When the egg layer is cooked, pour 5 tbsp of rice flour batter to get the next layer. Close the steamer and let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Continue this process alternating between the egg layer and the rice flour batter layer till the whole batter is finished.
- Steam for about 5 minutes more.
- Cool well. Remove from the pan . Cut into slices and serve.