Today while drafting this post….I noticed there are no cookie recipes in my blog….I really wonder this….It is my pleasure to have share with you a cookie recipe from my dear friend Jehanne of The Cooking Doctor, who needs no introduction to my regular readers….Jehanne, sweet and simple buddy from Singapore is a cardiac doctor by profession and a passionate food blogger who blogs, photographs, writes for BBC magazine, conducts cooking demos, writes cookbooks and in the recent time she has come up with a range of cooking/baking ware under her own label….Today she has bought cookies for us…which make perfect homemade Edible Eid gifts for your loved ones….Do read out….
Almond Ghoraybah Cookies
- 1 cup Butter
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup coarse almond meal / ground almond
- 2 cups plain Flour
- 50g toasted Almonds for garnish, halved
- 2 tbsp Icing sugar
- ½ tsp Salt
- Preheat the oven to 170C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Add in the egg and vanilla.
- In a bowl combine the ground almond, plain flour and salt.
- Add into the batter and combine to form soft dough.
- Roll small gold balls size cookie dough and dip into the icing sugar.
- Lightly flatten the cookie dough and place on silicone baking mat or greased cookie sheet.
- Place a halved almond in the centre of each cookie.
- Bake for 18 minutes until the edges are golden.
- Keep the cookies in airtight container for up to 4 weeks.
NOTE: You can find updated list of entries @ Joy From Fasting To Feasting – VII.