Suma bought me two Vanilla beans when we last had pot-luck in Bangalore. I dropped these vanilla beans into a jar of sugar to make use of that sugar in making cake and French toast. Though I had the idea of making vanilla panna cotta with vanilla bean, I had to drop it as I could not find halal gelatine or even agar agar at my place….So though of making very simple and indulging milkshake using it.
- With knife tip, scrape vanilla bean seeds into blender along with whole milk, sugar and vanilla ice cream. Blend until smooth. Pour in desired glasses and serve chilled.
- 8 Oreo cookies, plus 2 to serve
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- Pulse Oreo cookies in a blender and then add milk. Pulse again. Add ice cream and pulse until smooth.
- Serve in a tall glass with a straw and an Oreo to decorate.
- I used chocolate flavoured Oreo cookies; you can use strawberry flavour too.
- For vanilla milkshake you can add chopped strawberries or cherries or plums or banana or nutella for making it more flavoursome.