This being Lil’M’s first children’s day at school, I was more exited remembering my school days….how fun filled day this used to be….lots of cultural programs and activities at my school make this day extra special. Children are awarded and rewarded depending on academics, sports and extra curricular activities on this day.
FOR EGGLESS MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE MUFFINS:
- 1½ cups + 2 tbsp. All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Oats powder (see notes)
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- 4 tbsp. unsweetened Cocoa powder (I used Cadbury brand)
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- pinch of Salt
- ½ cup +2 tbsp. Butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Milk, room temperature
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- ½ cup chopped Walnuts
COCOA WHPPED CREAM FROSTING:
- 2 tbsp. Cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Cream
- 1 tbsp. cold Milk
- Line silicone muffin mould with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, oats powder, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Combine butter and milk with vanilla extract. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted microwave safe bowl or paper cases. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from silicone mould and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Once the muffins are cool, then frost them with cocoa whipped cream frosting.
- Add love to make these muffins taste ‘Yummy’.
- Place your mixing bowl and wire whisk (blades of electric whisker) in fridge for one hour. Mix vanilla
essence, cocoa powder and sugar with cold milk to form a smooth paste.
- Take the mixing bowl from the fridge and place in a cold water tub or on top of ice cubes. Add whipped
cream to this and add above paste.
- Whisk until soft peaks are formed. Keep this in fridge until use.
- When you are frosting the cake/muffins always remember to frost when the cake/muffins turn cool.
FOR WHIPPED CREAM: