I started working on with beets, as I had only three beets; I peeled the skin and grated them in five minutes. By the time my lil sis completed grating carrots….my beet halwa was ready. As I made it in pressure cooker…it only took me 15 minutes to complete. I took out on to plate to cool it down. In the meantime, my lil sis started working on with carrots…the only killing time was to wait till the pressure settles down in the cooker before removing the whistle. I used ‘Hawkins Contura Hard Anodised 3.5 Litre’ which was one of the products from my latest loot at MagicKart.in. I was looking out for option on Induction base cookware for sometime now and landed to MagicKart.in, when I saw this pressure cooker, I ordered it right then…..along with Fold Flat Grater which I was looking out for since long…I even bought silicone square pan along with omega select round base kadai with lid….as I found the price reasonable and was on look for these from long…..
leading Indian and global brands. Some of the popular brands include Butterfly, Prestige, Morphy Richards, Preethi, Wonderchef, Philips, Praylady, Zain, Tupperware & Signoraware. Key categories include Kitchenware, Cookware, Bar Accessories, Bakeware, Food Storage Containers, Kitchen Tools, Knifes and the Dining range. Buy Kitchen ware online and enjoy shipping across India, including New Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune, Coimbatore, Gurgaon, NCR. Find the best price online for kitchen and cookware on Magickart. Magickart customers come from across the country and have given excellent reviews for their shopping experience.
remaining carrot halwa on top layer. Left the halwa in fridge for 15 minutes and cut it into squares. Garnished with silver leaf, coarse pistachio powder and ghee fried sliced almonds/badam. That’s all a whole new look to halwa, which made my sis wonder…..Scroll down for recipe….
- 6 medium sized long Carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 Beetroots, peeled and grated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup low-fat Milk
- ½ tbsp. Cardamom powder
- 3+ 2 tbsp. Ghee
- 2-3 tbsp. silvered Almonds
- 1 tbsp. coarsely chopped Pistachios
- Silver leaf (Chandi Ka Varq)
- In a pressure cooker, add ghee and when it heats up add grated beetroot’s Fry on low by continuously turning the mixture up and down.
- Fry till the raw smell disappears. Now add ½ cup of water and place the lid. Pressure cook for 1 whistle. Let the pressure settle down. Now add sugar, cardamom powder and milk. Cook on high by turning the mixture frequently till the halwa starts to thicken. Turn off the flame and set aside.
- Replace beetroot’s with carrots in the above and make halwa.
- Grease 9 x 5 baking tray or line plastic foil or use greased silicone rectangle or square mould. Take half of carrot halwa and layer it neatly and evenly. Now add beetroot halwa and layer it evenly.
- Now add remaining carrot halwa and layer it neatly.
- Leave this in fridge for 2-3 hours for best results. (I was running out of time so could not shape the fudge neatly). If you leave the halwa to set in fridge overnight you can cut into desired shapes.
- Add a tablespoon of ghee to kadai or heavy bottom cooking vessel and drop in silvered almonds. Fry till light brown and set aside.
- Now gently roll silver leaf on fudge and then add chopped pistachio and silvered almonds.
- If you want to serve hot, then microwave for 20 seconds before serving or else serve cold with ice cream or gulab jamuns…..
- This is just a way of presenting food, beautifying it, styling a normal everyday carrot halwa. You can even pressure cook mixing both grated carrots and beetroot’s. The end result would be as shown in the picture above.
- Add love to make this halwa even more ‘Yummy’.
Shop magic this Diwali by choosing fabulous products to gift your loved ones and make them feel special and loved this season. Spell magic in your kitchen by selecting from huge discounted ‘Diwali Sale’ on home and kitchen appliances…..at Magickart.in. So what are you waiting for….start your virtual shopping right now…..
With gleam of Diyas, And the Echo of the Chants….May Happiness and Contentment Fill Your life…Wishing You & Your Family very Happy and Prosperous Diwali!