Last Sunday when I took lil’M to ice cream parlour, for her treat…which she won by being a good girl for whole week, who went to school obediently….She is three and she knows where the Ice cream shop is and she knows to place order for her favourite flavour….though the people at the parlour know what she will order every time, she come there….they will wait for lil’M to order….
Sitting on chair, hanging her legs in air lil’M has ordered small Vanilla cup for herself, as I told her, they won’t sell big cups here….and with a smile she took out the paper lid, the ice cream cup carries and dropped it into dustbin….looking around she started eating her ice cream very slowly…as lil’M thinks the slow she eats…the longer she can eat and enjoy her ice cream…..
I started checking my mobile, sitting next to her….from the corner of my eye, I noticed lil’M has stopped eating ice cream and was gazing the people sitting on the opposite table. I looked straight to check out what she is looking at with so much of concentration…..I saw a little girl who sat with a man (may be her father) and the man was serving her ice cream with much love…the girl looked elder than Lil’M….and she was making faces, laughing, giggling, playing with tissue papers on the table and sitting holding the hand of the man she has come with…..
I turned towards Lil’M…her icecream is half melted by now…she was gazing at them without blinking her eye….I slowly tapped on lil’M’s back…she turned to me…I could read zillion things in those tiny beautiful eyes….which made my heart sink….I knew what lil’M was going through….she is missing her papa….he is in US on a traning for a month now….and this is the longest time she has not met him since the time she came into this world…..
This was very emotional moment to me…to see lil’M like that….but it is just matter of time and InshaAllah everything will be fine soon…I knew that….but to tell this to lil’M…..is it easy…? Life of mommy….how many huddles I have been through since she has born…this is the most difficult one, to answer those innocent eyes…..to tell her that her father is on business trip and will be back soon loaded with toys, clothes, chocolates, books, etc…as lil’M has already said to her papa talking to him over skype….I want you…nothing else….come soon ‘Papa’….
She was dull and gloomy after returning home. I thought of cheering up by doing something which she loves the most. I thought of making muffins…as these are her favourite and I love how she sits on the table crossing her legs holding the whisker while I mix up the ingredients….shooting me with endless queries…in between asking me whether she could taste, mix, pour batter or line liners…..This time I thought of taking my microwave muffins a step further and decorate them with chocolate buttercream Icing…as its been long since I bought nozzles and piping bag from MK RETAIL…As we all know it is 'Pink October', a month dedicated to increase awareness of ‘breast cancer’….I am dedicating this post to all the ones who are working towards it and the ones who are fighting to be strong….
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour/maida
- 1 cup Strawberry Puree
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 2-3 drops pink food color, optional
TO MAKE MICROWAVE EGGLESS STRAWBERRY MUFFINS:
- Line silicone muffin mould with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter and dust with flour.
- Sift flour, icing sugar, baking powder and baking soda all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Combine butter, milk, strawberry puree, pink food color with vanilla extract. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour. Mix everything gently to avoid lumps.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted microwave silicone mould. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from silicone mould and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
TO MAKE MICROWAVE EGGLESS STRAWBERRY CAKE:
- Grease a microwave safe bowl with butter and dust it with flour. Tap the bowl turning upside down to remove excess flour.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Mix strawberry puree, vanilla essence, food color and milk. Add butter. Mix till everything combines well. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted microwave safe bowl. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 3 minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the cake in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. After taking out allow the cake to come down to room temperature before you cut into pieces.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make these muffins taste 'YUMMY'.
- 15 fresh Strawberries, hulled and chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice
- In a blender process chopped strawberries along with lime juice until puréed Strain and store in fridge till use.
- If using frozen strawberries, just thaw them before adding to blender.
- 50g gms. Dark Chocolate
- 75 gms. unsalted Butter, room temperature
- 150 gms. Icing Sugar
- ½ tbsp. Vanilla essence
- Melt dark chocolate in a microwave safe bowl or by double boiler method.
- Beat butter with icing sugar and vanilla essence until soft. Now gently fold in melted chocolate and beat gently until smooth and shiny.
- I used electric beater and it eased my work. Remember to taste and adjust sugar.
- If you find the icing to be thick, then you can add 1-2 tbsps. of milk and beat again until smooth.
- You can make this icing a day ahead and store in the fridge. Before using bring the frosting to room temperature and beat again until smooth.