Been to Hyderabad for four days and it was quite a refreshing trip. Food, shopping, friends and relatives made this trip most memorable one. I shopped till drop and feasted on extremely delectable cuisine of Hyderabad. Last night when I was back from Hyderabad, I thought of making something really simple to keep an end to spicy food, I was having from days…
The first recipe which came to my mind was…..yeah you know it from the picture above…’Curd Rice’…I tasted this tempered curd rice at Adayar Ananda Bhavan long back…and fell in love with the recipe at the first spoon….After that I made it many times and still it is one my favourite choice in comfort meal. I even pack this in lunch box yet times.
Curd Rice/Mosaru-Anna/Perugu Annam/Daddojanam/Thayir Sadam
- ½ cup Rice, cooked and cooled
- ½ cup Milk
- 1 cup Curd
- ¼ cup grated Carrot
- ½ tbsp. Mustard seeds
- ½ tbsp. Cumin/Jeera
- 1 Green Chili, finely chopped
- 3-4 Curry leaves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. Coriander leaves, minced
- pinch Asafoetida
- In a bowl mash cooked and cooled rice. Add milk and mix well.
- Now add curd and salt. Mix well. Add grated carrot and mix again.
- For tempering, take a heavy bottom cooking vessel or kadai add oil and when it heats up add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, chopped green chili, curry leaves and fry till curry leaves turn crisp. Now add asafoetida and turn
off the flame.
- Now pour this tempering over curd rice and sprinkle minced coriander leaves.
- Serve with your choice of pickle. I served it with Red chili pickle, which is my favorite combo with curd rice.
- Add love to make this curd rice taste ‘Yummy’.
- You can even add fresh pomegranate seeds in the end or before serving.
- You can even add chopped cashews for the nutty touch. If you find the curd rice mixture is hard while serving you can add milk or curd.
- You can even add finely chopped ginger.