Yesterday while having lunch, I found an old diary lying on the dining table. When I took it into my hands, it was written 2005, wondering what such an old diary was doing on dinning table, I flipped through the pages…..there were only blank pages….and I have seen straight lines and sleeping lines, master art from Lil’M here and there….Suddenly I found there is something written in the middle of the diary and stopped there….I am not a person who reads someone’s diary, but this diary looked so old and as there was nothing written on it….I thought of flipping through the pages to check whose diary was it….as it was nameless I thought to be an empty diary….
As I was having lunch, I had a glance of what was written, it was a short story with a heading, “A Bridal Princess”….I recognised the hand writing and turned towards my little sis and asked her…did you write this? She asked me what…? I asked, this story, A Bridal Princess….She said, yeah, I wrote it long back, I even forgot about that….I asked her, may I read the story…..there was a doubtful nod from her side…After completing my lunch I carried that diary with me to lay down on my bed to go through the story…..and I loved it so much that I asked her whether I can share it in my blog…The first answer was big no, then after repeated requests, she agreed to share it on my blog…..
A Bridal Princess
A girl lives with her parents. She was in her twenties. She was so calm, sweet, innocent and unaware of outside word. Thinking of her innocence and outside beastly world her parents restrict her to stay at home. She was good in every aspect. Being alone and bored at home, the girl started to think, what she can do to kill the time….slowly she started to explore her interests and found out painting is something which she loves to do the most. But she is confused, whether painting is her best way or not. One day while she was sleeping, a ray of early morning sun light coming through the window falling on her face, illuminating the space around, woke her up and in that magical moment she felt, that light was saying,” do whatever you feel good for you from bottom of your heart and you will be happy”. She decided to take her creativity as her choice and turned her room as her creative corner….soon after she convinced her parents to display her paintings in a city art gallery. Success was not so far for her, her creativity, talent, hard work and dedication got recognised and appreciated ….name, fame and everything she dreamed off over the years was coming live in her life now…..with her beautiful smile, talent and innocence….the girl has made many friends over across and the ones who once wondered what she can do by drawing colored lines on a paper, now welcome her with smile and call her their dear friend…Soon the wedding was on cards for the her and she was in doubt whether her to-be life partner would be interested in her work, will fuel her passion , would be supportive, etc…getting carried away in the whirlwind of thoughts, she said ‘YES’…as she don’t want to go against her lovely parents. She got married and moved to a new place with the man of her life. Soon her husband recognised her creative passion, encouraged her in every aspect, appreciated her creativity, stood by her and he became backbone to her success. Her husband being the wind beneath her wings, she flew high….she soar new heights and to a new world which she always dreamed of….
© Written by Banafsha Nusni. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. ASK FIRST!
I was dumb after reading this piece of work from my lil sis….the lil angel whom my mom bought from hospital wrapping in a pink lacy floral blanket is now a big girl…I wonder when she grew up so big to write so marvelously…..It took time for me to come out of what I have read….and I read it again, then again and again….those shy and innocent looks from my sis made her look more beautiful….and for one more time, I said I am proud of you….you are awesome…I never knew you write so beautifully….keep up the good work….and thought of encouraging her and lifting her spirits by sharing….comments are most welcome….The quote which came coming to my mind again and again after reading the story was….
Coming to today’s recipe, it’s a very simple snack, I often make at home during evenings to go with tea. I even make it in starter when I have guest who are vegetarian food lovers. Babycorn is like wonder veggie to me….Though it doesn't carry any particular taste of it….a little masala and spice makes it taste wonderful…this veggie creates magic when used in combo or alone…one of my very favourite one till now…the crunchy and yummy babycorn satay when served with spicy tomato chutney makes a droolicious combo…..
- 10 Babycorns
- 1 tbsp. Red chili powder
- ¼ tbsp. Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp. Ginger-Garlic paste
- ¼ tbsp. Garam Masala
- ¼ tbsp. Coriander powder
- 1 tbsp. Corn flour
- 2 tbsps. Water
- 10 Wooden Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- Microwave babycorns for 3 minutes or blanch them. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix red chili powder, turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, garam masala, coriander powder, corn flour, and salt with 2 tbsps. of water. Add babycorns to this and evenly coat them with the mixture. Leave for 10-15 minutes.
- Insert skewers into the babycorns and set aside. In a heavy bottom cooking vessel or on non stick pan, add oil and when it heats up line above marinated babycorns side by side.
- Brush with remaining marinade and shallow fry until golden on all sides.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
- 2 ripe Tomatoes,
- 2-3 Green chilies, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 3-4 Coriander leaves, chopped
- ½ tbsp. roasted Cumin/Jeera
- Wash and pat dry the tomatoes. Make a cross on them by slitting the tomatoes from top until the base. Set aside.
- In a heavy bottom cooking vessel/kadai/non stick vessel add oil and when it heats up add tomatoes by keeping the stem part down. Cover with a lid and let it fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Carefully remove the lid and turn the tomatoes, by now you can the skin coming off the tomatoes.
- Place the lid again and cook till done by turning in between. Take off the tomatoes on to a kitchen tissue and in the same pan add green chilies. Fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Take out on kitchen tissue. When the tomatoes are cool enough to handle, then slowly peel the skin and roughly chop them by removing the seeds.
- Now grind chopped tomatoes, green chilies and garlic by adding roasted cumin powder, salt and coriander leaves until smooth.
- Serve as dip or chutney with any deep fried savoury snack.
- Add love to make this recipe taste ‘Yummy’.
- You can even serve babycorn satay with tomato sauce or green-chili sauce.
- Don't forget to soak wooden skewers in water before inserting them into babycorn.
Though I make these in snack most of the time, they make good accomplishment with jeera rice or tomato rice or ghee rice. You can whiz up simple and scrumptious vegetarian meal on any lazy day with jeera rice, dal fry and babycorn satay....that is what I had this sunday......
Babycorn satay make perfect party snack too. As these are not so spicy in taste....my Lil'M loves these crunchy beauties and I make it a point to make these for her whenever possible. Try this simple recipe of satay and I am sure you gonna love it....