When I went to pick up Lil’M from school her teacher told me…that its Apple Day at school and all the children are instructed to wear red color dress and carry an apple with them in there snack box……and she added you can even send a drawing/sketch or something related to apple….Taking Lil’M back home, I was thinking what will I send with Lil’M tomorrow as she is not fond of eating apples…
Though Lil’M plays all tricks to eat apples…I found a easy way by which Lil’M relishes the apples without knowing she is eating apples…I always pulse the apples by discarding the skin and adding the mixture to the cake batter. A very simple way to make Lil’M eat apples….So with no doubt I decided I will make apple-cinnamon muffins to send with Lil’M to her school for her first event at school…Apple Day…
I stopped near fruit vendor to buy fresh apples…..for the muffins I am planning to make. One thing I like about microwave baking is…the time…With in one minute you get delicious muffins out of microwave and they even stay soft for 4-5 hours…Lil’M was very exited about her first activity event at her school…and even I was exited as this was for the first time Lil’M was happy about her school and talked about apple whole the way back home….
Red wala kaunsa dress mamma…? woh shadi wala…? kaunsa bolo….(Red dress means which one, that wedding one….) she kept on asking all the way back home…when I showed her the dress she was like I wear it now…After explaining her about the event and everything she was little pacified….and had her lunch…then she declared that she is not going to eat apple as snack and not even carry an apple with her…Then I said my dear gudiyah….your teacher will be happy if you take an apple in your snack box and she will say ‘good girl’…I think she got pleased with this and went to sleep….
I remembered her teacher even asked to send anything related to apple…first I thought of drawing a apple on chart and color it…later I changed plan and thought making a apple with color clay….It was real fun to make a miniature apple with color clay and I remembered my school day projects….jolly fun school days…it is like living again those days with Lil’M….when I was crafting that leaf for apple…Lil’M was pretty exited to see the leaf…helped me out in rolling out the clay and fixing that leaf…Sometimes It is very easy to see a smile on lil face…
Lil’M was so happy to see the clay apple that she wanted to go school right then to show it to her friends and teacher….this is for the first time Lil’M says I want to go school on her own and you know who is more happy here….wish it is Apple Day everyday at school….
Now coming to muffins, as you all know my love for microwave baking….I love to try new flavours whenever I making cake or muffin in microwave. These muffins are special because they have got the goodness of oats and apples…Simple in making and good one when you have got a fussy fruit eater Lil’M at home….As the microwave baking time is less, you can make these just before the kids are back home or for kid party or for snack box….I call these as goodness loaded muffins….
- 1½ cups All Purpose Flour
- ½ cup Oats powder
- 1½ cups Icing sugar
- ½ tbsp. Baking powder
- ¼ tbsp. Baking soda
- ¾ tbsp. Cinnamon powder
- pinch of Salt
- 1½ cups Apple juice
- ½ cup Butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup Milk, room temperature
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp. Tutti-Frutti
- Line silicone muffin mould with paper cases and set aside. If not using paper cases then gently brush butter and dust with flour. Sprinkle some flour on tutti frutti and set aside.
- Sift flour, oats powder, icing sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder and salt all together for 2-3 times. This process is just to incorporate everything together.
- Combine butter, milk with vanilla extract. Now slowly fold in the sifted flour. Add in tutti frutti and mix gently to avoid lumps.
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted microwave safe bowl. Tap around to make sure the batter is scattered evenly. Microwave on high for 1 or 1½ minutes or until the toothpick/skewer comes out clean.
- Leave the muffins in the microwave for another 1 minute before taking out. Leave it to cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from silicone mould and place on cake wire stand to cool completely.
- Last but not least add your 'love' to make the dish 'YUMMY'.
Every one at school loved these soft and fruity punch muffins. When I said these are eggless….they wondered and teachers at school asked me for recipe. Finally Lil’M was very happy as her mamma made muffins for her and she even dressed red, which is her favourite color….Mamma was happy as her Lil’M enjoyed her day at school….The miniature clay apple was also rewarded at school…..More smiles….
FOR APPLE JUICE:For apple juice, I peeled the skin of two apples, cored and pulsed until you get coarse mixture. You can even make a smooth paste, but I left it to grind coarsely as I love that juicy bites of apple chunks in between. Or you can even add store bought apple juice to it. The fresh apple juice is preferable for the recipe.