The Holy month of Ramadan is also a good time for family and friends gathered together to break the fast. My family is used to break the fast with something sweet : dates, lukewarm Jasmine Tea, some salty or sweet snacks as appetizers , followed by a regular dinner later on after Sholat Magreb. Additional prayers, Taraweh, are prescribed after dinner.
- 40 ready made spring roll pastry
- 500 g chicken breast fillet, chopped
- 100 g shrimps, chopped
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 300 – 400 g bamboos shoots, julienned ( or you can use also potatos, vermicelli)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 6 tablespoons cooking oil
- cooking oil for frying
- Filling: heat a wok, saute onion and garlic until fragrant, then add chicken, shrimps. After few minutes, add carrots, bamboos shoots. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoons two tablespoons of filling into spring roll wrapped
- Fry spring rolls until golden brown.